Just moved...issues with reinstall and question about antenna

hrmm...so how should I go about getting the diplexer back? I'm thinking that maybe with the diplexer giving it power I can probably get the stations mounting it inside. If I call voom will they send me one?

I don't know on that one... I guess a call to Voom wouldn't hurt. Question did you have to pay a moving fee to voom when you moved?

nope...what they did was cancel my old account and sign me up as a new account. I scheduled this before they ended the free install deal.

Update on the install and OTA situation. The installation company called me the day after and asked me how it went. I told them the installer didn't seem too willing to work with me for anything I asked so they had him call me and sent him out again yesterday. This time he was more than willing and we tried 3 different antennas. Here's the end result...before he came out, I tried a silver sensor and also a radio shack indoor powered directional. I put them both in several positions. The powered radio shack worked better and picked up about 2 more stations, but they both were missing several of the major ones. I decided I would have to go with an outdoor antenna if I wanted locals.

When he showed up, first thing I had him try was my Terk TV44 which is the one that mounts right on the dish and you can't really even tell it's there. That one picked up everything except NBC and one more which I can't remember now. Next we tried his suggestion which was a square shooter. I again told him I didn't want an antenna in plain view since It's a condo so he took his time and found a fairly inconspicous spot a few feet away from the dish that was fairly hidden by a tree and put it there. We were both surprised by the result. It picked up fewer channels than my cheap terk. On to plan C. I suggested trying the Winegard (I'm still not sure if it's a stealth or a sensar) in the same location as the square shooter just for kicks. He said it would be the same thing as the SS but he would give it a try anyways. Well, it actually picked up everything. Go figure...

Overall a successful revisit by the installer and a good job working with me. This time out he was more than willing to work with my suggestions, and in the process we actually learned that the terk44 actually worked better than the SS, and so did the other winegard. (And we got an installation that I think everyone including my HOA will be happy with.) :)

Question, does anyone happen to have pictures of the stealth and sensar antennas so I can finally figure out which one I have??

did he leave the garbage at your house, the way most installers do?
You could always just look at what the box says...
I was surprised also at how much better the "Bat Wing" antenna did than my Square Shooter AND Terk that I had prior to Voom; I had both of them mounted OUTSIDE, but still neither of them picked up more than 13 OTA's the "Batwing" gets 19...

nah..the batwing I have was from my last install at my old house. the box for that is long gone. If someone has a picture though that would help. I've found pictures and drawings on the net but for some reason neither one seems to be what I have.

I was surprised that my terk (which both this installer and the last guys that set me up at my old house said was a POS) did better than the square shooter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)