Status
Please reply by conversation.

damaged

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
South of Heaven
"Our phone system just got easier!
Now when you call DIRECTV, just speak your reason for calling. Our system will understand your request and quickly get the help you need."

Wonder how this will go over, hope they didn't write the software themselves. ;)

We received the same message in our H20s a little while ago also.

Hello and my box isn't working right....next thing you know your boxes reboot and the phone hangs up and says have a nice day. Surely it won't fix the problem but heh what the heck. Now that is assuming they figure out how to reboot the box from afar.

How may I help you today...My box is on fire......please reboot your box and see if that fixes the fire.

I hate those type of software, they just go on and on without ever stopping and customers just get frustrated ....

I like it. I called a couple of days ago and said "IRD swap", totally confused hte system and out me right to a CSR. As long as you say something it doesn't understand you won't get caught in a typical "Star trek causality loop" and actually get some help.

The software is not that sophisticated. It reads all requests as a request for customer service. It then records your phone number and subscriber information and starts messing with your service in a manner calculated to both infuriate you and also make you realize that you should never call there again because it does no good to do so. After a few months of their new phone software, D* will start phasing out all telephone CSR's and go to e mail only. A two year commitment is automatically added to your service every time the software reads a new call from you.

I thought I saw a commercial where they tout that you actually get to talk to someone live when you call in. Using this automated crap is like a neverending circle or computers not understanding what the heck your saying anyhow.

That BIG BOY commercial is too funny, but true.

There's a simple fix to their voice recognition software....just stay silent and it will automatically switch you to a human...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts