Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just noticed I got new software on my Hopper 2.07...Haven't been able to play with it yet and see what's new and fixed.

Hopefully we get release notes soon. :)

Noticed the same thing. Haven't had a chance to check the Hopper yet though. I do not see anything different though. Same problems... changing channels still bringing up the random "you need to be in live mode to do this" and still broken weather channel app. Maybe the PSOD (Pink Screen of Death) is fixed?

Dish really should post release notes on their software upgrades. I know that they don't want to make public the problems that are being fixed/addressed, but even an overview of the features/functions that were worked on/upgraded/enhanced would be helpful.

Do the hopper and joey both have the same software/versions? I agree with dare2be, they should release release notes, that way people like me who are waiting for bug fixes before upgrading can see how it's going. I'll be upgrading in 2 weeks regardless though, but it sure would be nice to see the bug fixes in a list.

Do the hopper and joey both have the same software/versions?

separate versions. I would take a guess that the Joey software is largely a stripped down Hopper software since there are no actual tuners, hard drive, etc. I vaguely remember reading that the Joey boxes download from the hopper box they are attached to.

Last edited:
Hi, we just had our Hopper and 2 Joeys installed last Sunday. Everything went fine but that Monday evening right in the middle of watching something that was recorded from PTAT, the Hopper froze up tighter than a drum as if someone had hit the pause button. Everything turned bright pink on the screen and nothing we did seemed to help. The unit wouldn't accept any commands at all. After about 5 minutes or so, the box just rebooted on its own, reaquired the signal and started working fine. It hasn't happened since then so I thought it was just a fluke but now that I see your message, apparently this is something that others have seen as well.

I did call the installer the next day and he said to let him know if it happened again and if so, he would order us a new Hopper.

So, my question is, how prevlent is this issue, and is it a hardware issue, or a software issue? I was concerned that the unit might have been overheating but this shouldn't be the case because it is in a cabinet with nothing on top of it and with plenty of room with ventilation from the back and from underneath.

If it's a known hardware issue, I would try pushing for a new unit. What do you folks think?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)