Just ordered a AZ Box ultra hd

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
My solomend does a great job!but looking for that missing link! 4:2:2.just ordered the AZ-box Ultra HD hoping its as good as i have been hearing.I was thinking of buying a Prof 7500 which is alot cheaper but after hearing that the company that makes it is in disarray plus no blind scan i decided it was AZ time.ill let all know how it works when i get mine.

It is a great receiver! While you are waiting for it, read all the threads on operating it. It doesn't come with a manual but the manual for the Premium and Elite has all the basic info plus when you read the threads on the Ultra, it helps alot.
Hope you will enjoy the Ultra.

Thanks MrFTAMan!Im a bit suprised that there is no kind of manual with it but thats no problem.The manual that came with my solomend wasnt a big help so i looked here online for any info i needed.Have been doing some reading on it and it really has alot of features.Dont have a internal drive for it yet but i have a 500 gig external usb drive i can use for it.After i set it up and get it running ill report here on the results. Take Care Stan! The FTA man

When I installed my internal HDD into my Ultra, it recognized it and asked if I want to format it. Clicked yes (or OK) and it took just a few minutes to format. It records wonderfully!

sadly I could never get my 500 gig usb harddrive to work properly with my AZ...

it would recognize the drive, let me save and delete channel lists and files... but recording would never work.

I tried fat 32 and I also tried letting the AZ format the harddrive

sadly I could never get my 500 gig usb harddrive to work properly with my AZ...

it would recognize the drive, let me save and delete channel lists and files... but recording would never work.

I tried fat 32 and I also tried letting the AZ format the harddrive

Wonder if ill have the same problem! I just spent the last hour finding a program to format my 500 gig usb drive to FAT32.Drive is now ready!hoping i have better luck with my HD

Today i got my new AZbox Ultra! Its working fine for what i have tried so far!but i can see its going to take abit of time to figure it all out without a manual.Using the elite manual for reference.Ok i need some help! Im going nuts trying to figure out how to move the top tab on the TV screen.Its stuck on tab all and cant figure how to select satellite so it can see just the channel listings for one satellite.Heres a pic of the screen im on.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 207
Today i got my new AZbox Ultra! Its working fine for what i have tried so far!but i can see its going to take abit of time to figure it all out without a manual.Using the elite manual for reference.Ok i need some help! Im going nuts trying to figure out how to move the top tab on the TV screen.Its stuck on tab all and cant figure how to select satellite so it can see just the channel listings for one satellite.Heres a pic of the screen im on.

No Problem,
We just discussed this very issue tonight here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/230977-how-can-you-move-single-channel.html

Thanks stargaze :) I thought that i had pushed every button :rant:with no results i guess i was wrong.Im going to enjoy playing with this receiver!Going to check out a few 4:2:2 channels tommorrow. Oh! one last question before i hit the sack! Checked out the internet tonight from the receiver!sites loaded but at a much slower speed than what i get threw my pc.Is it slow on the ulta or will i need to find out why its not up to speed.Take care Stan

Last edited:
Just a update on how things are going with the ultra.Blind scan works well!seems to pick a few more channels than my solomend.Average blind scan near 20 min.I have been shortening the blind scan range to get some faster results.Just did a quick check of recording and playback!no problems there.Nice to see a clock that keeps time :D the solomend is a loser with that feature.I have gotten used to the menus pretty much!Not as easy and quick to navigate as my solomend but ill get used to it.Pic quality is good but for the lower than 1080p resolutions i think the solomend has a better picture quality.Am i missing something here?? Other than the hd icon lighting up in tv mode how can you tell if the program is in s2,h264 and 4:2:2.So far this receiver is passing with flying colorsHaven't used the motor with it yet!just using the vbox to move the dish and store sats.

Thanks stargaze :) I thought that i had pushed every button :rant:with no results i guess i was wrong.Im going to enjoy playing with this receiver!Going to check out a few 4:2:2 channels tommorrow. Oh! one last question before i hit the sack! Checked out the internet tonight from the receiver!sites loaded but at a much slower speed than what i get threw my pc.Is it slow on the ulta or will i need to find out why its not up to speed.Take care Stan

my premium plus (sw 5020) is slow on web browsing also. due to IMHO the fact that az uses a web browser from some dude in asia. it's not a mainstream browser. i found this out on az forum site. maybe because box is linux based. i just use my pc for web browsing.

I see that im going to need to add more sats due to a sat haveing both c and ku.I could put both c and ku under 1 sat listing but then i would need to keep switching 22 khz and lnb freq back and forth.Havent found out how many satellites i can have in the listings!hope i can add several more than i have now.

I see that im going to need to add more sats due to a sat haveing both c and ku.I could put both c and ku under 1 sat listing but then i would need to keep switching 22 khz and lnb freq back and forth.Havent found out how many satellites i can have in the listings!hope i can add several more than i have now.

I hope you have read these 2 threads here.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/230974-how-north-americanize-your-azbox.html

http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/231371-125-0w-not-european-default-list.html

the info is here on this site just not all in one place.
one big problem is people are trying to do things differently and that won't work.
but hey, what do I know, I only have 3 azboxes with a complete N.A. list c/ku separated and no problems since they are in my back-up directory of the azbox as well as the working directory of the az.

I don't know your setup but I have all my azbozes slaved to a dish mover with the line going to the azbox coming out of a 4x1 switch.
so now my ku channels are all on satellites designated ku in the receiver, no more switching the sat settings in the box.
I should just call it scan and watch. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts