Just ordered a HD homerun unit

pickone4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
wisconsin
I just ordered it on april 1st from amazon, it was on back order, it was at 59.99, like the next day the price jumped back to 90, now its 93....Can't wait til it arrives!

Just dropped it off at a ups drop off point. This thing is frustratingly diffucult to set up on a linux system, if you have a windows operating system, your probably gonna be ok, just as long as you have the latest version microsoft wants to force you to get.

So I can't really say anything bad about the unit, except linux is often a nightmare when it comes to entering in stuff from the command line.

You don't need to use the Silicon Dust software. Most media tuner software works with the tuners. What software package are you using? I am using Home Run on four platforms and only have Windows installed on one device.

I was only suggesting that you could choose from several third party software packages to use the HomeRun hardware. The operational issues that you mention are with the software solution, not the HomeRun device.

I have installed the Silicon Dust software, but rarely use. I have used MythTV on Linux with great results and excellent GUI with no command lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)