Just ordered another new receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's all legacy. I have a Coolsat and it's great. But I think few would buy them today, even used (except for dish orientation purposes) because its technology is too old. No HD, no DVB-S2. Openbox is definitely the better choice today.
Here's the the box I'd really like to see;the COOLSAT 5000 HD S2 4-2-2 .

Well the Skybox S12 didn't arrive DOA, so I'm happy. I blind scanned in 107 channels from SES 2 C-band with no problems. The receiver was kept on for several hours with no signs of over heating.

I like the size, because it fits well next to the TV in our bedroom.

Attachments

• SKY02.JPG
    SKY02.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 122
  • SKY01.JPG
    SKY01.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 126
  • SKY03.JPG
    SKY03.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 119
Try it on PBJ on 83W Ku and then the Ion mux on 103 C. Let it run on those channels for a few and see if it locks up.

PopcorNMore, what about the Blindscan, ie is it slow or fast, & can you get the ABC HD channels on 99.0W?

jsattv, the blind scan is very fast infact faster than the Openbox S9. This past weekend I scanned in several additional satellites, but not Galaxy 16 C-band yet.

The clock is very accurate.

Thanks for the info PopcornNMore. Now I see that not only is there a new Skybox F3 but an even newer Openbox X3 HD PVR 3, Both with Ali3601 Chipset, as mentioned elsewhere. Hard to keep up, anyone seen any sellers for X3 yet??

One thing I really like about the Skybox S12 is the 3 column channel listing. In it I can zoom around and select the channel I want to view.

I'm VERY tempted to purchase the Skybox F3 receiver. The thing holding me back is the units memory which I believe is only 128MB, but I also saw an ad showing it to be 1GB just like the new MicroHD receiver.

also saw an ad showing it to be 1GB just like the new MicroHD receiver.

Depends which factory builds it..... The unit we tested was 128 and it definitely needed more. :eek:

Remember, if you purchase a unit with 1GB flash, firmware compiled for a 128MB unit will not work.

I believe the Skybox S12 has a problem with 22KHz switches.

Setup: 6' dish - Galaxy 16 C band - Ecoda 22KHz OFF - Port 1 Diseqc Switch | Anik F1R C band - Ecoda 22KHz ON - Port 1 Diseqc Switch
When using the Openbox S9 both satellites scan in perfectly. I then swap the Openbox S9 for the Skybox S12 and Galaxy 16 scans in fine, but no channels scan in on Anik F1R.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)