Just ordered DirecTV - Which recievers should I ask for

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Commex

Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Hey everybody

I just ordered DirecTV and I want to make sure the tech comes out with the best recievers. This is my setup:

1x HD DVR
1x HD Regular Reciever
2x SD Regular Recievers

I want to make sure the tech comes with the latest equipment, so what model numbers should I be asking for? Am I correct in stating that the HR20 was replaced by the HR21 as the newest HD DVR and therefore I should ask for the HR21? And what about the other recievers?

Thanks!

Your going to get what they give you. Sorry to put it so blunt! But Most likly you'll get HR21, H21, and D12
To be a little less blunt you are only leasing the equipment from them so Directv will install the equipment they have in inventory. It is just like a cable company you are only promised working equipment it might not even be new.:):):)

As a installer I have ZERO say on what receivers end up on my truck. But, what ever you get will work and be tested by the tech before he leaves. Refurb or New you really wont have a choice, but they all work the same, just one is black and one is silver.. some small differences but nothing worth getting upset about.

The only thing to think about is if you want an OTA tuner in the receiver. If you do you will have to ask about the AM21 if you receive the HR21 and H21 receivers.

The AM21 does not work with the H21 receivers and D*'s not announced if they will ever add the support for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)