Status
Please reply by conversation.

Esquire122

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Alabama
Greetings,

I purchased an AMIKO Mini HD SE early this week from KE4EST. The USPS delivered it
during lunch today. I went from opening the box to watching Jordanian TV was less than
10 minutes. Thanks to KE4EST for ease of ordering, prompt shipping in a well-padded box,
and answering questions in the meantime. I will buy from him again and I recommend him
as a dealer of FTA equipment.

amikomini.jpg

This is Jordan TV using a 10-year-old FORTEC STAR LNBF, a Primestar Dish and the
Amiko Mini HD SE Receiver pointed at G19 at 97W.
I will probably tweak the Primestar dish alignment since I haven't moved it in 10 years as well
as fab a better mount for the LNBF. I also picked up the Titanium PLL-1KS KU Band PLL LNBF
which will go on the recently refurbished Channel Master 1.8m Dish. I was challenged to
"reel in the big fish" of Hispasat at 30W. I will post details when that happens.

Respectfully,
Esquire

Glad to see you have it up and running and very quick. I'll be curious as to see where the quality on that same transponder goes to after you tweak the dish.
You will like the Titanium LNBF, very good LNBF. I use 3 of them in my set-up.

Congrats on your new purchase, this seems to be the prime STB to buy these days. Nice signal from 97W.

And yes, Hispasat is a great satellite, the only one with Cuban programming on Ku.

Did not know KE4EST was a vendor, good to know. My spending finger is getting itchy hi hi.

Enjoy.

You can consider me impressed. I went through the list of FTA video channels on G19 and the Amiko found them
all. Further, I have a Toshiba Canvio Slim Portable External 500GB Hard Drive and connected to the USB Port. I recorded
15 minutes of a music program on AZTV (Azerbaijan TV) and it recorded it just fine using 299M of disk space, all powered by the USB port.
This drive is perfect for the Amiko Mini HD SE. It's been a good day for FTA play!

Last edited:
Reactions: spongella
Just be careful some USB powered external drives can draw too much current. If you decide to buy a dedicated 1TB drive or something for the receiver I would go with one that has its own power supply. :)

Reactions: fred555
Did not know KE4EST was a vendor, good to know. My spending finger is getting itchy hi hi.

Enjoy.

KE4EST is an excellent vendor with super fast shipping.
He took the time to personally upgrade the firmware when a new version came out before my unit shipped.
I did not request it or even know that he did it until I read the note packed with the shipment.
Not many vendors out there these days that will offer that kind of excellent service.
Two thumbs up! :bigok

Last edited:
OK, time to spend some money on a new receiver, the feedback in previous posts has convinced me. Customer feedback is very valuable.

While at it I recently purchased a C band PLL LNB from Titanium, arrived in ship shape and very fast, It's paired with a 4 foot experimental dish right now and working fine (the LNB that is, not so sure about the dish hihi). Thanks Titanium.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts