Just signed up, could use some help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

badchry

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
california
Hey people, I'm new to this site ( Hi There! )and yesterday I signed with Direct at one of the tables they setup at a Walmart. was wondering if you guys could help me out and let me know if there are any rebates or deals i missed out on, that I could request before the install scheduled for Monday Feb 6th.
Here's what the contract lists:
4 Recevers, 2 HD DVRS, 1 HD, 1SD = $18.00
Choice extra = $65.99
Auto bill pay= -$10.00
DVR service= $7.00
Whole-Home DVR Service= $3.00
"Est". Monthly service total= $93.99

Next 12 months (I was told this is the first yr package rate) $62.99
Second year rebate of $16.00 making it= $77.99

HBO,Starz,Cinemax,Showtime 3 months free, they added Showtime for 6 months more.
Shipping/Handling and second DVR were $119.95 up front fee.

Thats about all I see on the contract, what do you guys think? anything I should call and ask for?

I am a AAA member, but they said I couldnt combine that discount and the one they were giving me.
I also thought about calling and trying to add that "Recommend a friend" deal for $10 a month off for 10 months. Got a co-workers account # to use.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Phil

hi and welcome to satelliteguys! everything looks pretty good there except that when i became a new customer a few years back they applied the AAA discount despite of the other credits i was already getting.maybe this is no longer the case. on the recommend a friend program you need to move with that quickly. there is a time limit (which i don't remember) mentioned once by another member named stonecold.

Thanks guys for the welcome and quick replies, I have the AAA # and the Refer a friend # as well. just wanted to see what you experts think if you can combine the discounts, or if Im missing something.

I was able to combine the discounts, but only after calling the correct number for the referral reward. Regular number CSRs would not budge for me.

Ok I'll call the AAA# first and see how it goes. Another thing is, im getting two HDDVR's one HD and one SD reciever. Can I /should I request like 2 HR34's, one H25 and not sure what SD model # to ask for. or can I only get one 34 for some reason?

What do you all suggest?

Ok I'll call the AAA# first and see how it goes. Another thing is, im getting two HDDVR's one HD and one SD reciever. Can I /should I request like 2 HR34's, one H25 and not sure what SD model # to ask for. or can I only get one 34 for some reason?

What do you all suggest?

You will not get 2 HR34's cause there is a limit on those at this time. I would ask for 1 HR34 that you will pay $99 for and 3 H25's that you will get for free. Make sure that you call the AAA number first then after your done call and add your referal . Then go and fill out your rebates so you don't get a huge first bill :D

Re the SD box. I didn't know any better and got an SD box for the bedroom. Now I'll have to pay to upgrade when it would have been the same price if I had it in the beginning.

In other words, unless someone with more experience says different, I'd change that SD to an HD. SD won't work with MRV anyway. You will probably regret not getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Good point on the future upgrade, ok so one HR34, one HR25, two H25s. thanks for everyones help getting me setup.

You came to the right place. Great members from a great site always willing to help. Let us know how your whole experience goes from start to finish. Any other questions you may have don't hesitate to ask.

harshness said:
Hardware can be changed, but you shouldn't expect them to give you discounts after you've closed the deal.

Actually, you can expect a lot until that first receiver gets activated. Once that happens all bets are off and you just committed yourself for 24 months. When I say "a lot" I mean he can call and get anything changed and request different equipment and change pricing if he needs/wants to

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts