Just signed up for Charter Spectrum Streaming Plus

Need

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
I think it is a really good deal for $20 a month. You get a free Roku 3. It has all the local channels + HBO or Showtime + 16 or so cable channels like HGTV, ESPN, Food Network, AMC, History, etc...

Just HBO Go alone is normally $15 a month. After 5 years of cord cutting.. I finally came back to live TV... haven't watched a TV commercial in ages.. LOL.

I think it is a really good deal for $20 a month. You get a free Roku 3. It has all the local channels + HBO or Showtime + 16 or so cable channels like HGTV, ESPN, Food Network, AMC, History, etc...

Just HBO Go alone is normally $15 a month. After 5 years of cord cutting.. I finally came back to live TV... haven't watched a TV commercial in ages.. LOL.

I'll be doing this today. Do you happen to know if FXX is one of the included channels?

Apparently the cost is location based? $27.50 here for the the locals, HBO and cable channels. (A&E, ESPN, Hallmark, Lifetime, FreeForm, Food Network, HGTV, AMC, FX, History, H2, TBS, National Geographic, Discovery and TLC) This was told to me on the phone by the CSR, cost , lineup etc.

I can't confirm because it never occurred to me to ask but I am seeing in some other postings on the NET you may need to have Charter Internet to get it? I can't confirm that as information is sketchy online. I don't want it just wanted to know about it....

I also see you may have to pay for the Roku upfront, then get a $5 per month credit on your Charter Broadband bill.
" A $5 credit is applied to your monthly broadband bill to offset the upfront unit cost"

http://www.techhive.com/article/299...-cutters-with-a-new-streaming-tv-service.html

I actually didn't end up going through with my plan to switch. I was offered the $20 plan and free Roku 3 but retention also offered to put me back on my old double play promo price for Spectrum Silver. For only $20 more than the streaming plan plus internet I get a lot more channels including HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax.

I actually didn't end up going through with my plan to switch. I was offered the $20 plan and free Roku 3 but retention also offered to put me back on my old double play promo price for Spectrum Silver. For only $20 more than the streaming plan plus internet I get a lot more channels including HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax.

Yeah $40 is a bit much for me for TV. BTW, it does really take 48 hours to activate the account. I was trying to watch after 36 hours... it will let me watch a few channels but not the others. Everything seems to work now although I am still waiting for the Roku 3. I am using different apps like Watch ABC app last night to watch the Oscar. And FX is one of the channels.

I can't seem to stream Live TV on the local channels on the Android Spectrum TV app though. I could stream the cable channels but none of the locals. I hope it will let me do it on the Roku, otherwise I don't know how I could watch CBS. The CBS app I tried need premium subscription to stream live TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)