Just switched to DirecTV HD... WOW!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Once again the same guys trying to rain on someone's parade, can't just leave it alone can you guys. Pathetic! Yes, Vurbano, enough with the backtracking, and digi too I am saying it right here and now. Hey if someone is enjoying a great ice cream cone, do you immediately chime in and tell them if they had a different more superior brand than they would really enjoy it? Just shut the hell up, he wasn't asking for your approval!. Enjoy your TV watching Moses, just enjoy it.

Once again the same guys trying to rain on someone's parade, can't just leave it alone can you guys. Pathetic! Yes, Vurbano, enough with the backtracking, and digi too I am saying it right here and now. Hey if someone is enjoying a great ice cream cone, do you immediately chime in and tell them if they had a different more superior brand than they would really enjoy it? Just shut the hell up, he wasn't asking for your approval!. Enjoy your TV watching Moses, just enjoy it.

Who pissed in your Cheerios? Jeez.

I never mentioned another brand. I just mentioned another type of ice cream, such as HD DVD or OTA.

Enjoy the ignore list....

SLIGHT problem. I'd like the HR20 remote to contol the volume on the Yamaha YSP 1100, but none of the standard Yamaha codes work. Any ideas? I'd rather not use a universal remote if I can avoid it.
I know you said you'd rather not use a universal remote, but I will have to highly recommend a Harmony remote. I use a Harmony 880 and it's fantastic. With your great setup, you're going to be eventually adding more components, DVD player, media player, etc. and then you're going to need a universal remote. The Harmony remotes will be able to handle that now and in the future.

Who pissed in your Cheerios? Jeez.

I never mentioned another brand. I just mentioned another type of ice cream, such as HD DVD or OTA.

Enjoy the ignore list....

You didn't piss in mine, you pissed in the OP's. Why then did you bring up the others, not because you thought that they wouldn't be better than what he is seeing now?
My guess is that if the same post was in the E* forum you wouldn't have come up with the same conclusion...true?

I've been a happy DirecTV customer for years, but yesterday I installed a new home theater setup in my bedroom. (It's a big room).

I put in a Pioneer Elite 50" FHD-1 TV
Yamaha YSP-1100 reciever/sound bar.
Outlaw LFM-1 Plus subwoofer
HR-20 DirecTV HD DVR

The 1080 images are amazing! Can't wait for more HD content.
Although the room shape is not ideal for the Yamaha 1100, the sound is great. Far better than I had hoped. The outlaw subwoofer damn near brings the walls down.

SLIGHT problem. I'd like the HR20 remote to contol the volume on the Yamaha YSP 1100, but none of the standard Yamaha codes work. Any ideas? I'd rather not use a universal remote if I can avoid it.

Nice to see your to see you enjoying your picture. Don't listen to vurbano, he just likes to stir trouble.

I agree,

Moses,How do you like the Pioneer ?
I am waiting for the 60" Pioneer Elite 1080p panel to come out next month.

I have been working alot of Overtime and think I will put it towards the new set, just have to justify the expense when the current 60" Sony XBR has nothing wrong with it.

Jimbo
For what it's worth,
I've had a Pioneer 43" plasma for a little over a year now and I still get goosebumps each time I watch it... :D

I know you said you'd rather not use a universal remote, but I will have to highly recommend a Harmony remote. I use a Harmony 880 and it's fantastic. With your great setup, you're going to be eventually adding more components, DVD player, media player, etc. and then you're going to need a universal remote. The Harmony remotes will be able to handle that now and in the future.

I have an Oppo HD DVD player and an XBox360. Looks like I'll need a Harmony remote. Ive heard great things.

FWIW...you may also want to check out the Home Theater Master MX series. I have the -500, which is the highest version NOT to have a computer hookup like the Harmony. It is easy to program and has never failed me...had it for about 6+ years now and recommend it to all my peers. That said, I also have a Harmony and even with the step-by-step computer aided setup, I still can't get the thing to play nice with my bedroom setup (HR10-250, Panasonic DVD-Recorder, and Vizio 32" HD-LCD). Plus it is so light, and with the stepped/staggered base, it feels akward in my hands. You KNOW when you are holding the MX-500 :D . And the button locations on the Harmony are not as conveniently laid out as the MX-500.

I do like the self-lighting feature of the Harmony...if you pick up the Harmony (or even tap the table it is sitting on) after a long period of time, the backlighting turns on automatically.

Take the above with as many grains of salt that you want...it's just my opinion...I could be wrong ;)

If you think DirecTV HD is good you should see some real HD... OTA, HD DVD, or Blu-Ray. You'd truely be wowed.
Maybe, maybe not. Those attracted to plasma displays are usually big on high contrast, highly color saturated video that DIRECTV is currently offering. HD done right is not so contrasty and the color is quite a bit less punched up so it may seem "dull" in comparison.

Maybe, maybe not. Those attracted to plasma displays are usually big on high contrast, highly color saturated video that DIRECTV is currently offering. HD done right is not so contrasty and the color is quite a bit less punched up so it may seem "dull" in comparison.

You should just teach a course for all of us that aren't in the know. Yea, yea we all read those posts earlier in the week. Man you spend a lot of time and a lot of posts over here, and yet, nothing enlightening ever comes from them...ever... i noticed that you didn't mention that those posts were made about the MPEG 2 channels because the poster didn't have MPEG4 available to him? Troll, troll, troll troll troll....oh, to be fair, your only a troll when your over here. You seem to have some common sense in the E* threads:rolleyes:

You should just teach a course for all of us that aren't in the know. Yea, yea we all read those posts earlier in the week. Man you spend a lot of time and a lot of posts over here, and yet, nothing enlightening ever comes from them...ever... i noticed that you didn't mention that those posts were made about the MPEG 2 channels because the poster didn't have MPEG4 available to him? Troll, troll, troll troll troll....oh, to be fair, your only a troll when your over here. You seem to have some common sense in the E* threads:rolleyes:

Why the name calling? You go after anyone that doesnt think D* PQ is the best of any provider like an attack dog. Heck you even jumped all over digiblur, a staff member. Its ridiculous and I am amazed how you get away with it .:rolleyes:

Why the name calling? You go after anyone that doesnt think D* PQ is the best of any provider like an attack dog. Heck you even jumped all over digiblur, a staff member. Its ridiculous and I am amazed how you get away with it .:rolleyes:

Digiblur and Harshness are both E* subscribers that come to the D* forums and troll. My opinion, of course, but I think it's pretty obvious.

:

No V, I get on people that come over and for their own sake, to make themselves feel better about their investment, bash anyone that is enjoying their decision. You on the other hand continue to be a D* sub and have been stuck on repeat for ever. I just stated that if the OP was in the E* forum and had the same post, thos questions about what kind of HD has the OP ever seen before would not have come from the same people.
And as staff members go, they can be wrong also, I think you have disagreed with plenty of them over time.
And by the way, I don't think that D* is the best PQ provider, I hope that it will get better, we all do, oh, no we don't, you wouldn't have anything to complain about then. But the man's decision was made and you guys want to make him feel like an idiot. Funny thing is, you have made the same decision, and stuck with it for many years, but in your mind, in the name of truth and justice for all, you continue to bash away. Hope there was sarcasm in your last line there V.:eek:

Digiblur and Harshness are both E* subscribers that come to the D* forums and troll. My opinion, of course, but I think it's pretty obvious.
I think they are enthusiasts that care about great PQ and do not feel that being a fanboy of any provider is the way one should be. All that does is lead to fighting due to the immaturity of the fanboys that cannot evaluate a picture objectively. I suppose you consider Mota a troll as well? Lemme guess anyone that has E* and criticizes D* PQ is a troll right? And its ok to call them names? Is that the way the forum is run now? If so its a sad situtation here. :rolleyes:

I think they are enthusiasts that care about great PQ and do not feel that being a fanboy of any provider is the way one should be. All that does is lead to fighting due to the immaturity of the fanboys that cannot evaluate a picture objectively. I suppose you consider Mota a troll as well? Lemme guess anyone that has E* and criticizes D* PQ is a troll right? And its ok to call them names? Is that the way the forum is run now? If so its a sad situtation here. :rolleyes:

You my friend, have made it this way more than any other single poster.

:up:up:up And they say it's bad in "The Pit".:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)