Just Switched To SBC | DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

texas16309

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 22, 2005
Round Rock, TX
Hello,

I just switched to Dish from DirecTV via SBC |Dish. I have a DVR-522. Overall, I like it better than the DirecTIVO. However, I did notice that the program guide doesn't seem to list the times correctly for programs such as Desperate Housewives. It cut off the recording at exactly 9PM. The DirecTV program guide always listed the show 8:00 - 9:01PM. Even the TVguide website lists the program as 62min.

Is the Dish program guide not reliable?

texas16309 said:
Hello,

I just switched to Dish from DirecTV via SBC |Dish. I have a DVR-522. Overall, I like it better than the DirecTIVO. However, I did notice that the program guide doesn't seem to list the times correctly for programs such as Desperate Housewives. It cut off the recording at exactly 9PM. The DirecTV program guide always listed the show 8:00 - 9:01PM. Even the TVguide website lists the program as 62min.

Is the Dish program guide not reliable?

Welcome fellow Texan! Recordings are not cut off exactly at the hour unless you set it to do that or you have another recording immediately following. ALL RECORDINGS are set to a 1/3 default: the recording starts one minute before the hour and stops 3 minutes after the hour. If you changed the settings, then it's your fault the recording stopped at the hour. Leave the default alone and it won't happen again. If another show is set to record at 9, the DVR has no choice but to stop the prior recording on the hour and start the new recording.

jbcheshire, The 501 and 508 do not have this feature. On those models you can only start one minute early. If you want to extend the end time, you need to manually edit the timer.

jbcheshire said:
Chad,
Where is that default set up at that I can verify what mine is on my 501 and 508?

Thanks.

I was referencing the OP's question about the 522. I can't speak for the other DVRs since I've had no experience with them.

When is the 2Wire HD DVR coming out for SBC/Dish subscribers? The wait is killing me. I check the SBC web site daily under the equipment page to see if it has been added. I'm running a 522 with two HDTVs. It's killing me. My wife won't let me get rid of the 522 since we're hooked on the DVR functionality. It's painful I tell ya'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)