Just talked to CSR at D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jspeeney011480

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
New Jersey
I first asked about getting a free HDDVR. That was a no go. Secondly asked him about delay in HD channels. He said there is a slight delay and they are working on it, and that it shouldn't take to long. He said apparently when they flipped the switches to turn them on, someone flipped a couple of them a little to hard. Whatever the hell that means.

No seriously they really said that. I was speechless when he said that. I really don't know what he meant by that. But I swear on my grandmother's grave that is what he said to me.

No CSR should ever comment to a user like that. YOU'RE FIRED!

God I hope Trump doesn't sue me for that.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but I think that’s funny. Though if I was the disappointed paying customer that would F---in piss me off. That is some piss poor customer relations!

The CSR would have to have a sense of humor about it, I'm sure he's only had to answer that question 11000 times today.

But still, we as paying customers should know what is going on behind close doors. I mean come on, we all pay for everyone of their salaries. We should know something, it's been 15 1/2 hours since the apparent light up time.

But still, we as paying customers should know what is going on behind close doors. I mean come on, we all pay for everyone of their salaries. We should know something, it's been 15 1/2 hours since the apparent light up time.

Again it must be pointed out that in doing that SOME laws can be being broken and as a traded company NOT a smart thing to do.

But still, we as paying customers should know what is going on behind close doors.

What?! Oh, c'mon!

If you are an investor, you have a right to closed door info. As a customer, you are expected to be treated with respect from the help, but just because you throw some cash at a service provider doesn't entitle you to any inside info.

You drink Budweiser*. Does that mean Budweiser should inform you of whatever details you request from the company? No.

*or whatever beverage fits the bill.

Where did D* ever promise that the new HD channels would launch today?

You guys are getting worked up over nothing. Just relax and be patient.

Whats so wrong about the switch comment? I think its funny. It's certainly nothing to get fired over or even fired up over...Except for maybe at the switch manufacturer.

I guess HD to us is like breathing, if we dont have HD we cant live.
and if we thought its stupid because its only TV we wouldnt be on this forum to see any new information on when its going live

According to the CSR I spoke with, it will be the atleast the beginning of next week before we get to see any new HD channels...

http://www.tvpredictions.com/doctober091907.htm

DIRECTV: 70 HD Channels In October

But the satcaster still says the HD expansion will begin this month.
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (September 19, 2007) -- DIRECTV has updated its web site to state that it will offer more than 70 HD channels in October.

The statement is a change from the company's previous stance that it would offer 70 HD channels by the end of September.

However, the DIRECTV web site reiterates that "many new HD channels" will be added this month.

The issue of how many HD channels DIRECTV will add -- and when -- has become a hot one with the satcaster today apparently delaying the launch of its HD expansion.

DIRECTV is still targeting this week to launch 20-40 additional High-Definition channels, according to several programming sources.

But the satcaster actually had scheduled the launch today. However, DIRECTV ran into what one source called "technical difficulties." It's unclear what the snafu is, but it's not considered to be serious.

But DIRECTV was so confident that today would be the kickoff day for its HD expansion that it alerted its programming partners that it would occur today, according to sources at three content providers.

In addition, DIRECTV notified some TV listings services that the channels would be added today. Consequently, Zap2it.com, the online listings site, today added the new HD channels from DIRECTV in its listings for the satcaster.

And DIRECTV's customer service representatives have been telling callers that new HD channels would be added today. But several TVPredictions.com readers say CSRs have been telling them today that the launch has been postponed.

Some readers report that CSRs are saying the new launch date is September 21 while others say it could be Saturday or Sunday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts