Just upgraded to HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm upgrading hopefully by the end of the week from the Hopper to the Hopper with Sling.

Does anyone have any tips to make sure I bring all my settings and timers over from the old hopper to the new? I believe I can use the backup feature on the remote, correct?

Any help make the process smoother would be great since I'm doing a self install. I know the original hopper was very specific on the hookup with the joeys and registering of the device.

The shows themselves must be transferred via an external hard drive (EHD).
I have major problems restoring from the EHD. Good Luck.
-Ken

The shows themselves must be transferred via an external hard drive (EHD).
I have major problems restoring from the EHD. Good Luck.
-Ken

I am thinking of upgrading to a HWS from my original Hopper 2K. I have an external hard drive and transferred most of my shows to it. My concern is when I get the HWS and hook up the EHD, will recognize the EHD and let me view these shows. ? Is there anything special for me to do ? I'm concerned that you had problems with your EHD

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just plug and play. MOST of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If your installer was good (not lazy),He or she should have changed these settings...IMO that is

In menu , settings , format tv , screen adjustment , press "-" or "+" til edge of screen alines
HDTV setting should be 1080 or 720, 16x9 (assuming hdtv)
In diagnostics turn off enhancements and in updates disable inactivity standby.
In guide settings /format hd channels , epg off
In remote manager disable limited and sat modes
In network setup , broadband , network details , bridging - Enable

Reply Reply With Quote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)