Pause service w/ 211k & EHD

4d3fect

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
central Cali
I searched here but couldn't find the answer, apologies if I missed it.

We're experimenting with "cutting the cord" so to speak, and have paused our 120+ service. Haven't physically disconnected our 211k or dinky 640GB EHD.

Didn't think of asking the chat rep about potential consequences. Noticed that we continue to receive some freeview channels and infotainment channels, but most interestingly, we can still access our previously recorded content.

Is this merely temporary, or can we expect to continue to plow through our old content until we make a final decision later in the year?

Thanks for looking.

I searched here but couldn't find the answer, apologies if I missed it.

We're experimenting with "cutting the cord" so to speak, and have paused our 120+ service. Haven't physically disconnected our 211k or dinky 640GB EHD.

Didn't think of asking the chat rep about potential consequences. Noticed that we continue to receive some freeview channels and infotainment channels, but most interestingly, we can still access our previously recorded content.

Is this merely temporary, or can we expect to continue to plow through our old content until we make a final decision later in the year?

Thanks for looking.

Hey there, 4d3fect!
As long as your account is still active, and not in disconnection, you should still be able to watch your recordings. The only exception to this is premium content such as recordings from HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, or Starz.

Thanks Chris, we've never subscribed to the premiums that I can recall, although on occasion we've recorded a movie while in freeview(preview?). These seem to be functioning well enough in playback.

So far anyway.

Thanks Chris, we've never subscribed to the premiums that I can recall, although on occasion we've recorded a movie while in freeview(preview?). These seem to be functioning well enough in playback.

So far anyway.
Hey, 4d3fect, I double checked some information about this. Your recordings will be available when you put your account on pause and it should not affect your premiums.
I apologize for the delay in clarification.

Last edited: