Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water

People keep going on and on about resolution. How about adding 3-D with polarized glasses and dual projectors so there is no color problems like the red/blue glasses and no flickering like with the LCD shutter glasses.

Then add full motion simulation, a technology that is already here:
www.d-box.com

I will take HDTV with motion simulation over 4x HDTV resolution any and every day. Plus, the technology is already here.

Pretty amazing.

Chances are I'll be settled into retirement by the time it comes to fruition, but the fact that they are developing the technology as we speak is pretty exciting.

Mr.Poindexter said:
People keep going on and on about resolution. How about adding 3-D with polarized glasses and dual projectors so there is no color problems like the red/blue glasses and no flickering like with the LCD shutter glasses.

Then add full motion simulation, a technology that is already here:
www.d-box.com

I will take HDTV with motion simulation over 4x HDTV resolution any and every day. Plus, the technology is already here.

Mr Poindexter, what does a typical Odyssee setup cost, assuming a simple platform setup & knowing that typical setups are atypical.

If you had OS3 fiber coming to your house, then you may have enough bandwidth for UDTV. I like how they said that some people watching were almost puking!!!

I like how they said that some people watching were almost puking!!!

This is because they were using a moving car scene. I think that was over exaggerated because I've seen people get sick in those space simulators. I find it hard to believe people couldn't tell it from reality either. Like the forum said lots of monitors go beyond the HD standard resolution.

in a few years we might do way with analog, in 10 years we might coax most of the channels into HD, So I should consider UDTV when?

Another Wait for !!!!!

Maybe by the time this is really available & affordable D* & E* will have more than a couple of HD channels. And Voom's installs will be the day after being ordered. Guess can't complain - haven't paid for any of it - it's a free install.

well heres the deal. thers always gonna be a good thing and a better thing

right now hdtv is the better thing than sdtv. and as soon as hdtv becomes the common name then there has to be something better. i mean what will the rich people brag bout? so uhdv will be the better thing then. but trust me hdtv is here to stay and no matter what new thing comes out now..we are safe for atleast 10-15 years.

Seeing that we have adopted ATSC as the national format, I hope it may be around for a while. Broadcasters have to come up with tons of money to make this changeover and I am suire they won't want to make any changes for another 50 years or so. When I was in Japan, they would come up with new standards and new formats for everything every couple years. Then about every 20th format would get used worldwide. So 19 formats ahead of UDTV we may have something the world will adopt.

rudolpht said:
Mr Poindexter, what does a typical Odyssee setup cost, assuming a simple platform setup & knowing that typical setups are atypical.

rudolpht, the most cost effective Odyssee system is not the platform system, but rather their integrated units. Their new Odyssee 2.22Vi retails for $15,000 and includes the Controller, Actuators and two Fortress recliners. For a little more, you can get them in leather with motorized recline.

A basic Odyssee 2.4 platform system with a 94"x46" aluminum frame for the platform retails for $27,200. It comes with the Controller, Actuators and the frame (actually a seperate item - $2200 MSRP and you can get any custom size) but does not come with seats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)