Just Wondering

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

Was just wondering how many of you scan in and keep satellites that you will probably never watch due to language differences.
The reason I ask is because I scanned in SatMex-5 and SatMex-6 just to check them out for myself, but wonder if and why I should keep them since I know very little Spanish.
BTW...I do keep the Ku side of Galaxy-19 scanned in even though I do not speak any of the languages listed. I just find them fascinating to check in on...such a variety.

John

some i keep especially if i see ifs kinda a learning channel where they might be teaching english to spanish or chineese to english ( seen several of those a while ago ) also things to remember is some channels broadcast movies in english ( so they could be worth hanging onto )

I keep them... you would be surprised what you might find out there, I have seen a lot of American movies air on these stations in English with the foreign subtitles. :)

Some may broadcast in english...What I do I go to there website to see the programming and that will give you a clue, also some channel lists on the net will tell you.
For example ku on 97w, KTV 2 will show english movies with kuwait subtitles, or show like dumbest criminals etc in english, but it also has shows and movies with kuwait languish.

On the other hand, watching shows in spanish will get you to learn spanish fast.

I keep them too.

If it just shows a talking head or selling something, I'll ignore it. But some channels show clips with interesting backdrops of what life must be like in that locale. I don't need to understand the language to understand that conditions are a hardship or luxurious or in between.

I like having other channels to watch my favorite is KTV 2 and there sport channel reason is they have road racing on the weekends in english. my mom like the patient channel on ses-2. your are right about having english channels at the top of the list. One night i watched movie Midway on a an Arabic tv channel it was not bad in english.

Dan Rose

Was just wondering how many of you scan in and keep satellites that you will probably never watch due to language differences.
The reason I ask is because I scanned in SatMex-5 and SatMex-6 just to check them out for myself, but wonder if and why I should keep them since I know very little Spanish.

keep them (unless you have a wife)! I love the eye candy - hot latin women in bikinis or skimply dressed moving around. ;)

I also like Mexican league baseball once the U.S. season finishes so it's not all eye candy.

I don't know much spanish but you don't need to understand spanish to appreciate the women or the baseball.

I keep them so its easier to tweak the dish (motor) if need be

Satmex5 (116.8) I'm on the fringe of the KU footprint so I dont have really any channels in there. But Satmex6 (113) there are a couple English channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)