Jw....

razorphreak900

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
tampa bay area
hey guys, I haven't been around here for a while, thought i have been visiting jersey since end of December.

so yea, like i was saying, is bhn in the tampabay/st Petersburg area, will ever upper their speeds again? 15 down and 2 up, is quite not all that nowadays. i know bhn can do better with their setup today. i wish bhn was like cablevision/optimum online, their *hit is 30 down and 5 up.

any info on the "maybe" coming soon for faster speeds, would b appreciated.:D

I overheard a conversation that they may be waiting for Docsis 3.0 before going to the higher streams for the modems.

I also overheard that it may be sooner as they will no longer have to be broadcasting analog signals, which will free up a crap load of bandwith, thus allowing them to have more room for the higher speeds.

As with everything, it's being discussed, but it hasn't gone any further than that yet. Will keep my ears open. I need to go find my little lost puppy. Haven't seen him in months.

thanks for your reply, i am patient, and do understand, that certain things needs to get done, business and physical wise.

thought i still hope they do it soon. if they were to do it, only when analogs are over with, that's all the way threw Feb 09 =-(

is there any other packages they might offer with faster speeds, as a business solution? that i am able to use in my house? if so how and price. zip code in my area is 33709...

thanks again dude/guys =-)

and happy v day!!

I don't know about your area, but in my area, you can get a higher speed. It's 10meg down. If I remember correctly, its 712k up, For $54.95!

I'm sure they have the same price, or close to that price there.

I don't know about your area, but in my area, you can get a higher speed. It's 10meg down. If I remember correctly, its 712k up, For $54.95!

I'm sure they have the same price, or close to that price there.

actually in my area I run 15 down and 2 up...

I went to the site, and well the business packages are crappy. and slower than for what i pay for...thanks for the info btw

As mentioned previously in another thread. BHN is working on the implantation and getting ready for docsis3.0. They have already been freeing up the bandwidth to give them up to 4 channels to be used for upstream data (currently in most nodes its maxed at two) This will greatly increase their speed ability and everyone will see a nice free speed increase. And some new packages for a higher fee. In orlando the max for residential is 10/1 which is what I have.

Are they still going to require their digital phone service for the highest-tier Internet? (That's the lamest thing ever.) I have 10/1 and would gladly pay for their 15/X... but they don't let me.

@Khandurian: Is BHN seriously talking about turning off analog? Won't they have to hand out a crapload of STBs? (Not that I would complain, bring the HD!)

Are they still going to require their digital phone service for the highest-tier Internet? (That's the lamest thing ever.) I have 10/1 and would gladly pay for their 15/X... but they don't let me.

You are right, it is a stupid requirement. Anybody with half a brain would take Vonage over BHN's digital phone in a heartbeat if they knew the advantages and the lower price. BHN is just trying to get more people on their digital phone service and sweetening the pot by offering faster Internet speeds to those that go with them for phone, cable, and Internet.

If you want 15/2 bad enough get a virtual office (biz) account. You'll get a static IP, better support, etc. Sure, you'll pay more, but like I said, if you want it bad enough, go for it.

I wanted it bad enough. I run a business and host a webserver on my link, but it is nice to have the faster connection when it comes to multiple phone calls on Vonage at the same time, muliple net surfers in the house, and better video gaming too with the 360 and PS3. It is just all around better to have. We still need faster uplink though. It should be full duplex this day in age... 15/15 would be a start.. then 30/30... eventually we should all have 100/100 or gigabit.

You don't have to have Digital Phone in CFL territory to have RR Premium on the combo. You just pay $10 more on top of the combo price here for any combo level to have RR Premium. Digi Phone require must be a Tampa thing to help them easily win over some of the Verizon triple play customers who are not paying attention. (guessing)

Byron

You don't have to have Digital Phone in CFL territory to have RR Premium on the combo. You just pay $10 more on top of the combo price here for any combo level to have RR Premium. Digi Phone require must be a Tampa thing to help them easily win over some of the Verizon triple play customers who are not paying attention. (guessing)

Byron

Before I had Virtual Office (biz 15/2 account) at home, I tried to get a speed bump when I saw the 15down and 10 down offers for an extra $10 a month. This was about two years ago and I was told you had to have a specific digital cable package and/or digital phone, plus Internet to be able to pay $10 and get the extra speed. If you had 2 of the services (RR and phone or that specific digital cable package) you could get 10Mbps for that $10 extra a month, and if you had 3 of the services, RR, digital phone, AND that specific digital cable package, you could get the 15Mbps speed for $10 extra a month. If you didn't have these services you were not eligible to get the speed bump.

Never mind that I had RR since 1998 and digital cable with all the premiums for nearly as long, I didn't count as having two of the services because my digital cable was not their specific package, even though I had all the channels. So I could not get the 10Mbps for $10/month extra. They told me I'd have to get into the specific digital cable plan, which would have added $14 to my bill with the same channels I was getting, as that was their digital special. Add in $10 for the faster speed and I would have had to spend $24/month extra just to go from 7-10Mbps. No way!

I've been a Roadrunner reseller for a few years and decided to bring some of my web services in house about a year and a half ago and sprung for the VO RR account. It costs me about $90 for 15/2 with a static IP and I get business service and support. This works out well for me for my business.

But I think it is insane that here in Tampa they had that requirement. This was two years ago, it may have changed by now. I don't know. But like I said before, anybody faced with this should just go with Virtual Office RR. It is better for gaming if nothing else and a static IP has many advantages (not going to list them but anybody with an ounce of computer knowledge knows why).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts