Ka Ku main lnb shield?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
My new 5lnb dish looks a bit different. On the big lnb I only have a the shield over the left half of the lnb. I saw photos with the shield going all the way around the 101/103/99 lnb on other photos

Is mine defective?

You may have seen protptype photos; maybe a few photos from different vendors as DirecTV was getting ready to place orders before they choose a specific design/vendor.

i saw the guys on dbstalk.com and his has the whole shield. mine covers only the left side. its like its half broken off, but its not!

lnb

I dont have a digital camera, but I looked today and the shield is cracked in half. The installer must not have cared because it did not affect the signal.

The shield covers the left top portion of the lnb but not the right. Poor install.

When they installed the dish the 110/119 lnb did not work. They spent forever trying to peak the 101 which they did at 81 on the D20, which is good.

However when the replaced the broken 110/119 lnb they never repeaked the 101! Also the main lnb shield was broke.

I have a service call Sat. to replace the 101/103/99 lnb with a non-craked one and to get the dish peaked.

Will my signal be higher with a non-craked shield? What is the shield for? snow and rain?

You should have a complete shield, it was put there for a reason. It’s more important to see if the main cover is cracked or compromised, which could let moisture in the feed. The signal should not be affected because the shield is not in the signal path, they are to keep rain and snow off the business end of the feed.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)