KABC in Los Angeles issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LASooner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 29, 2005
Anyone else having an issue with KABC in Los Angeles, where half the screen is behind the other half causing a "Vsync tearing" effect? It's on both my dish boxes, so it definitely the signal, but the question is, is it Dish or KABC that's been having the problem for the last few days?

The best place to call and get answers is the engineering department at KABC. Whatever and wherever the problem is, they want to know about it and they will see to it that it gets fixed.

We are having the same problem on all three HD sets/boxes. KABC HD satellite feed causing horizontal line during scene change. No problem when I switch to over-the-air HD and no problem on SD. No problem with any other channels. Reported to Dish and left message for KABC Engineering department. Google search resulted in posts of same problem several years ago which resulted from code updates provided to ABC from Dish.

Anyone else having an issue with KABC in Los Angeles, where half the screen is behind the other half causing a "Vsync tearing" effect? It's on both my dish boxes, so it definitely the signal, but the question is, is it Dish or KABC that's been having the problem for the last few days?

This is currently not on our Known Channel Issue list. If you are experiencing this, please send me a PM with your account information and I will submit a Technical Problem Report.

We had the same problem yesterday afternoon. It was something I recorded in the afternoon and watched in the evening. I haven't watched any thing yet today.

Even if it is only occurring on Dish?

ABSOLUTELY!

Let me elaborate. Any issue regarding signal quality on the reception of any local station is of concern to the station. If it's OTA, cable, Dish or DirecTV, they want to know. They also have all of the secret phone numbers to call any of the delivery companies and get ahold of somebody that can get it fixed.

Point is, if an issue involves a local station, call them first.

Last edited:
I've been busy, and wasn't able to check on it until this morning, It was nonstop on both boxes until I watched it this morning. It seems to have gone away, hopefully for good. It was really noticeable during the Lakers game last Sunday, the lines on the court would separate when the camera moved. In the future I will contact the sources previous listed. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)