Kangaroo icon in lower right corner

olfenite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
How do I get rid of that kangaroo icon in lower right corner? It randomly shows up. Not even sure what it's for but I don't like it.

This is for hopper with sling.

That kangaroo is telling you that your Hopper channel is joined on another TV in your system. There is an option to disable it in Menu. I can't remember exactly where it is but someone will pop in and tell you exactly where.

Reactions: MattG@DISH
That kangaroo is telling you that your Hopper channel is joined on another TV in your system. There is an option to disable it in Menu. I can't remember exactly where it is but someone will pop in and tell you exactly where.
Hit the Red shortcut button. Then choose to select another tuner.

That's one way but you tie up two tuners that way. If you disable the kangaroo sign you only use one tuner and share the channel.
That option is given with the Red shortcut button. Then choose the other (if) available tuner.

I have looked for at option to disable, but have never been able to find. If anyone can give specifics, that would be great. I already have all of the notifications disabled, but the kangaroo still appears

I have looked for at option to disable, but have never been able to find. If anyone can give specifics, that would be great. I already have all of the notifications disabled, but the kangaroo still appears

Is it the little kangaroo that appears when auto hop is skipping the commercials?

Reactions: lazydogmot
That's strange. I was only person in the house when the kangaroo was on. All the other TVs were off and I assume that the tubers were all off too. The kangaroo was there even when I changed channels. I was able to turn it off by playing a show on the DVR and then stopping the playback.

Sure would be nice if there was a way to turn it off through the menus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)