Katrina on it's way!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike1234

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
Hurricane Katrina is headed towards the gulf, and right behind it is the weather channel's live reports!

Can someone post if/when they find the feed?

Thanks!

ABC News now (IA6) was re-broadcasting the local news station while it hammered south Florida. I'll be keeping an eye out for feeds.

Shawn

Keep an eye on AMC9. You'll find lots of TWC reports. IA6 had the press conferences with the crew from New Orleans.

This is fun.... I set up the 36inch just in time for the Katrina coming. I just hope she doesn't blow it over. I think she'd blow my house over before the satellite blew over because of all the concrete I used ;)

AMC 9 is there "home" for the next few days. If you haven't watched any of the Weather Channel feeds, you should, they are down right funny when off air!!! :D

SBS6 and IA6 have also had a few over the last couple days.

Thanks for the help, folks....I'm going out now to find AMC9! :D

questic said:
AMC 9 is there "home" for the next few days. If you haven't watched any of the Weather Channel feeds, you should, they are down right funny when off air!!! :D

SBS6 and IA6 have also had a few over the last couple days.

With all due respect I don't think any of them are going to be laughing with this storm from hell. I would imagine they are having trouble getting remote trucks that want to go into the storm path. And those crews better be damned careful with this one or they risk becoming statistics themselves.

anything active all the time on AMC 9 so i can ghetto aim my dish at it?? So it sounds like that will be the sat to watch? (for Ku)...

AMC1 is my favorite.

Mike1234 said:
Hurricane Katrina is headed towards the gulf, and right behind it is the weather channel's live reports!

Can someone post if/when they find the feed?

Thanks!

I know i need multiple receivers and satellites for all this....let's just all hope for the best for those folks affected by this.

AMC5 has several wilds up now...

12040 (H) SR3978 Vid308 Aud256 PCR8190 is AL_Birmingham

11854 (V) SR3978 Vid33 Aud34 PCR41 is WWL TRK1P1

12038 (V) SR3978 Vid308 Aud256 PCR8190 is AL-Mobile

kc5qih said:
I know i need multiple receivers and satellites for all this....let's just all hope for the best for those folks affected by this.

Baton Rouge area here... I found my local ABC, WBRZ-Ch2, on AMC6 I believe.

IA6 weather reoprt

I was watching one fellow on CBS feed between "takes" and he was discussing something with the photographer. Seems that the photog was placing kleenexes over a bulb to warm them up. Reporter said," you mean you warm them up BEFORE you blow your nose?"

I guess that was some comic relief before the major stuff comes in. Man, I sure hope the folks who remained are finding some high ground.... anywhere.

MrM

Doesn't look good from this angle...

:yikes Hang On Guys!!!:yikes

Attachments

• latest.gif
    latest.gif
    44.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 149
  • GULFIR.jpg
    GULFIR.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 132
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts