KAZD 55 in Dallas brings Spectrum News 1 to DirecTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
KAZD channel 55 in Dallas has switched it's affiliation and MeTV now is no longer on 55.1 as it's now on 55.2, and since DirecTV carried only the primary feed (aka the. 1 channel), that means DFW MeTV viewers on DirecTV are gonna have to go back to Antenna TV for MeTV as now as of today, KAZD is now simulcasting Spectrum News 1, the local news channel that was created by Charter Communications for their Spectrum cable TV service. so now DFW DirecTV customers loses access to MeTV but gains access news network originally meant for Spectrum customers.

i don't know if any other Spectrum news channels air over the air in other markets, this might be the first time it's happening to a Spectrum News channel.

That's surprising for sure. Charter loves to promote SN1 as "exclusively for Spectrum customers." I wonder if this is just super short term.

Edit: Did some quick Googling and it's totally legit. I wonder who's paying who here.

WXLV ABC45 in Greensboro NC uses Spectrum News for their local news, so that market has had Spectrum News in some form for a long time. But Dallas seems to be the first to be broadcasting the full 24 hour network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts