KCPQ HD Fox 13 Seattle Audio dropout

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
I have noticed that when I am behind "live" the audio drops out a lot, a 1/4 second or so in just about every other word. Sometimes it is worse than others. If I am live or when I watch it over my antenna there is no problem. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Brad

I haven't noticed the audio issues, but Monday night's premier of Sarah Connor Chronicles video was at least 5% of the time pixelated/blacked out/yellow screen.

Like the plot wasn't hard enough to follow without the gaps!!!!!!!!!!!

Yellow Screen!!!

I had that too, very strange, but I was watching the Tuesday night premier of "Fringe". At one point everything went extremely pixellated for about 5 minutes and I had a pure yellow screen in there a number of times.

AND

I had audio dropouts too. Right before every ad break, the audio would drop out for a second. In fact it was regular enough to be able to judge that an ad was about to start and start skipping. I just wrote that off as the station changing from sending 5.1 to stereo for the ads, or something like that. It was very strange.

We fought to get Fox here in Seattle for years, finally got it, and now it is less than reliable. It is just insane.

I am fortunate enough to be able to et KCPQ OTA so I didn't suffer through these, but it looks/sounds like the same problems KOMO had last year (mostly during LOST, but also throughout their HD prime-time line-up: Grey's Anatomy, Eli Stone, etc..) If anyone talks to the folks at KCPQ, they should tell them to tell Dish that they had the same issue before... (though I think the blocks were pink in the case of LOST.)

I also had the terrible pixelation/yellow box problems throughout the Sarah Connor Chronicles. It was "chronic". Spouse is looking for a repeat of the same event to rerecord for us to watch at some other time.

Interestingly shows before and after seemed fine on the same channel.

I posted yesterday in the tech forum the exact same problem except I am down here in Portland, OR. It does not happen live. It happens on ABC (Jeopardy) and it happened on Fox during Terminator also.

The fact that it never happens live and that its only on HD locals (here in the NW apparently) would mean it has to be a Dish problem. Right?

I posted yesterday in the tech forum the exact same problem except I am down here in Portland, OR. It does not happen live. It happens on ABC (Jeopardy) and it happened on Fox during Terminator also.

The fact that it never happens live and that its only on HD locals (here in the NW apparently) would mean it has to be a Dish problem. Right?

Ya, I would think so. The fact that it doesn't drop out when its live means the feed is fine, I would think. It is just something with E*'s ability to delay it. It has been happening to me ever since 13 went HD a few months back.

I can also get it OTA but I was hoping to get rid of that antenna (13 is the only chan it gets). I would just like to hear that E* knows about the problem and is working on it, but I am not going to waste my time calling a CSR.

I am not going to waste my time calling a CSR.

Same here. There's no way I'm going to waste time even attempting to explain this to them, but the techs, the people that know, need to be aware of it and fix it soon.

Watching Jeopardy is an impossibility. KATU ABC HD is jacked up here in Portland, OR when you record it.

I'm having the same problem here in Dallas. The audio drops seem to be worst watching the ABC local. When I watch live, the sound is fine. My 622 does this everytime after a software update. Usually its better after a week. This time its taking longer. I'm getting tired of this. Its always something!!

Mike

I'm having the same issue in Rock Hill (Charlotte market, ViP 722). The problem seems to be the worst on FOX, Family Guy was absolutely unwatchable. I'm not sure how long it has been going on as I haven't watched network television in quite a while. I hope they fix it soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)