Keep Losing the 119 Satellite

markeman

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
Just about weekly, I lose the 119 satellite, and cannot receive programming. I use to think that this was due to poor quality of the receivers, but I'm beginning to think that the dish is not pointed correctly.
Yes, we've had some bad weather, but it has gone out on both good AND bad days. And yes, I've cycled through all the Bullsh!t of un-plugging the receiver and re-inserting the smart card (both of which truly annoy me when I'm trying to relax and watch a show).
I have a dual-dish setup (500: 110/119, 300: 61.5) I cannot remember losing 110, but I lose 119 ALL the time.

I believe that the pointing of the dual-dish antenna splits the signal as a compromise between 110 & 119, resulting in poor reception on both. Any ideas?
Can I get Dish to come out and give me 3-300 antennae?

-pissed & frustrated -

I think it probably in the aim. I would also check all connections.
Dish won't give you 3 dish300's. They might come out and reaim it depending on how long ago you became a customer they might do it for free?

Re-aiming?

I thought about re-aiming - whom do you suggest:
1) Dish Network
2) Local retailer
3) Buy a meter & try it myself

I'm handy, but this IS on top of a two story home.

If Dish installed they may send some one for free
If you have the $$ to spend you could get a local pro They have the equipment, knowledge and you can call them back if problem comes back.
If you do it yourself - it might be cheaper - but even with a meter you might not find a secondary problem that a good pro likely would.
I've used a guy here in Ventura CA to check my Dishes (500 & 300) when I added OTA. If you are interested in a local pro, list your location and someone on the forum may have a good guy in your area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)