Keep my Dish 500 after I get SuperDish

I'm pointing mine at Expressvu's birds, 81 & 92. I just want them to release the 811 as well, or really drop the price of the 6000 like Dish has done here!

I'll let them take that old junk with them. I won't be using that clutter ever again once SuperDish is up.

Stargazer that was Charlies comment on the last dealer chat. I wonder what he expects us to do with the used equipment (Flood Ebay)?

He will sell them to cable companies for dish buyback programs :D

They had better not take my Dish500 until they provide a way for my JVC D-VHS 5000 to continue to receive programming.

They can take my old dish 500 dish.. It'll save me a trip to the metal recycle drop off. I'm not sure I wany my old LNB's either, but the installer won't be leaving my property with my SW64 in his truck.

Let me clarify.

I will have a 721, 921 and JVC D-VHS 5000 and that requires 5 outputs. So they need to give me an extra DP34 with the SuperDish, or leave my Dish500 to provide the 5th output.

Good point. The splitter they are coming out with next year will have one coax supply both tuners on the 721, the same for the 921, so that would reduce you to 3 outputs required for those three receivers. Until then there would be the issue for the fifth output in which Dish may try to charge extra for that fifth output, but they would probably charge for the secial splitter coming out next year too that would allow one coax to supply the dual tuner receivers.

I paid good money for my 500, and the 61.5 dish. Nobody's taking anything.

I have a vacation place and an RV where I might want ot use them. Or Ebay.

BarryO said:
I paid good money for my 500, and the 61.5 dish. Nobody's taking anything.

I have a vacation place and an RV where I might want ot use them. Or Ebay.

So, if the choice is a free Superdish and install and they take your Dish 500 or you pay $300 for the Superdish and keep your Dish 500, what will you do?

My e-mail to Dish Network- I have a 6000 & 5000 non HDTV module receiver. I need the SuperDish for my reception of future HDTV on Dish Network. But what about my 5000 receiver. I like my 5000 receiver. Can I just keep my Dish 500 and Dish 300 setup for my 5000 and use the SuperDish for my 6000?
Dish Network response- Thank you for your email correspondence. If you choose to have that many dishes, you can have them connected this way.
My Dish setup stays on my tower.

Jerry G said:
So, if the choice is a free Superdish and install and they take your Dish 500 or you pay $300 for the Superdish and keep your Dish 500, what will you do?

I bet the free Superdish offer ain't for existing customers, or not for those of us that already have the HD package.

And it's only $199, not $300, according to the tech chat.

I'll get it from an authorized mail order retailer, and throw away the "installation certificate" and do it myself. I'd much rather do a careful, thorogh job of it, rather than have some guy who has a huge incentive to get it done as quickly as possible and move on to the next job(not that it's their fault; that's just the way the system is).

Anonymous said:
Jerry G said:

I bet the free Superdish offer ain't for existing customers, or not for those of us that already have the HD package.

And it's only $199, not $300, according to the tech chat.

I'll get it from an authorized mail order retailer, and throw away the "installation certificate" and do it myself. I'd much rather do a careful, thorogh job of it, rather than have some guy who has a huge incentive to get it done as quickly as possible and move on to the next job(not that it's their fault; that's just the way the system is).

It's already been announced that the free upgrade is for existing customers with a commitment to an AT package and locals on 105 or the HD package for 1 year.

It's been previously announced that without the free upgrade the Superdish is $199 and around $99 for the install. Maybe that changed and I'm not aware of it.

It has previously been announced that because of the increased complexity of the installation, the Superdish must be installed by a Dish authorized installer. The Superdish will come with the installer. It won't be send directly to the customer or a dealer to sell directly to the customer. Maybe that's changed and I'm not aware of it.

Seeing how the SuperDish is free along with the installation not many people should say anything if there is a requirement to take the old Dish500 dish. Those that actually have to pay for the SuperDish, that may be a different story. I would not let them take the Dish500 in that case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)