KGKC- now operating on repack frequency

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
KGKC's signal disappeared from UHF-39 yesterday and now appears to be broadcasting on it's anticipated repack frequency of UHF-33. The Kansas City metro area is in Phase 2 of the repack. Phase 2 testing begins 12/1 and ends in April of 2019, so I guess they're ahead of the game?

2FC22A19-D4AD-46B5-A976-99F8301ED4D4.png

E8D25E82-9A23-4C67-8F55-770CD0980139.jpeg

Last edited:
What's the point of having a repack schedule if the stations are going to switch willy-nilly?

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that much of the recent activity is related to low-power stations.

Rabbitears lists the RF channel as 33 so apparently this wasn't a surprise.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
What's the point of having a repack schedule if the stations are going to switch willy-nilly?

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that much of the recent activity is related to low-power stations.

Rabbitears lists the RF channel as 33 so apparently this wasn't a surprise.

The rabbit ears site has changed since yesterday, then. Last night it said 39-->33 indicating it was a repack assignment. Maybe Trip can shed some light on this?

LPTV stations are secondary and are not assigned to phases. They can move in a phase associated with a market, but they do not have to. (Technically speaking, stations are assigned to phases, not markets, thus the statement that LPTV stations are not assigned to phases.)

As far as the update to RabbitEars, KGKC-LD filed their license to cover today and I updated accordingly. Plus, there was a first-hand report from a reliable source:

KGKC's signal disappeared from UHF-39 yesterday and now appears to be broadcasting on it's anticipated repack frequency of UHF-33.

- Trip

Reactions: comfortably_numb
LPTV stations are secondary and are not assigned to phases. They can move in a phase associated with a market, but they do not have to. (Technically speaking, stations are assigned to phases, not markets, thus the statement that LPTV stations are not assigned to phases.)

As far as the update to RabbitEars, KGKC-LD filed their license to cover today and I updated accordingly. Plus, there was a first-hand report from a reliable source:

- Trip

Makes sense to me. Thank you :)

Just noticed yesterday that KTTZ-DT PBS Lubbock Texas has changed frequencies from ch 39 to ch 25.

I tuned to 5.1 yesterday and got the trying to connect to station error, so I did a scan and it showed up on RF 25.

KBZO-DT Univision (51.1) has also changed frequencies from RF 51 to RF 30.