One dead, several injured after TV station tower collapses in Missouri

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
One dead, several injured after TV station tower collapses in Missouri

"At least one person was dead and several others were injured after a TV station tower collapsed in Missouri on Thursday.

The tower collapsed in Fordland Thursday morning. It was not immediately clear why the tower collapsed."

This is in the Springfield DMA- wonder which station the tower belonged to?

It was in the link to KTTS.
The tower was used to broadcast KSMU radio and Ozarks Public Television.

The National Weather Service also used the tower to broadcast weather radio updates.

Unless they have an emergency backup antenna and transmitter somewhere at another location. Yes ...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

The signal is simulcast in Joplin, which is where my locals on Dish are from. That station (KOZJ) is still online. Don't know if people in Springfield can receive it OTA, though.

It is notable that the new facility isn't set up to cover the licensed area and those not covered will have to wait some months for full restoration.

It also looks like they may be changing RF channels (or they're running a different channel during testing). Unfortunately, one probably needs a consultant to really understand what all the licensing information is really saying as there is some obscure nomenclature involved.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Considering they haven't actually filed anything for the announced new site yet, it would be hard to understand much of anything beyond what's in the press release.

- Trip

Reactions: KE4EST
Considering they haven't actually filed anything for the announced new site yet, it would be hard to understand much of anything beyond what's in the press release.
As I said, the way the information is offered is obscure at best. What's the deal with the taller tower on channel RF16?

They've got a license and an STA (presumably the campus setup) that expire in November. Seems like something should be in the works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)