KHEMKA !!! PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE ON OTA RECOCDING FIX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There is a solution for hopper 3 owners that need OTA to work well. Just downgrade to a hopper with sling. I have 2 hopper with slings and a Joey 2. They all work beautifully. I will not upgrade to a hopper 3 until they fix the many software bugs. I do not own any 4K tv's so I have no incentive to upgrade. With PTAT and 2 hoppers that both have OTA modules, I have never run out of tuners.

For those that claim that you don't need to subscribe to satellite locals if you get OTA locals, I want to remind them that the guide is necessary for your timers. I get 52 OTA channels from Columbus and Dayton Ohio but during disputes Dish removes the guide for the disputed channels. This means you must set up manual timers which are a pain.

Well that is my thoughts on the 2 subjects.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
On my system I need to receive 100% signal strength for the locals to have no issues. As soon as I turn my antenna away from the towers and the signal drops just 5 to 10 percentage points the breakups start. I guess the OTA dongle is to sensitive with the H3. Never had this problem with the HWS. Hoping a software upgrade or a 2nd generation dongle can cure this.

It's not available on the H3 at all... ;)

Which tells me that they were never going to make the ADD feature available . They could of just did that on the first gen hopper and saved us the speculation in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Which tells me that they were never going to make the ADD feature available . They could of just did that on the first gen hopper and saved us the speculation in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app
But the the artists/designers already made the button!:D

Reactions: MikeD-C05 and DWS44
Just me, but I have no problems anymore with OTA watching, or recording, since S322 firmware was installed. I have OTA guide out to seven days, including today, watching Fox and CBS OTA from Ft. Wayne, Indiana due to Tribune dispute (normally, Indianapolis CBS and FOX on Dish.) I use a UHF yagi antenna with amplifier up on a 20' mast. I have a OTA Dish adapter, which I see now, is worth its weight in gold! :) Probably, because of the Tribune dispute across the nation. I'm using a Hopper 3 W sling and two 4k Joeys.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's not available on the H3 at all... ;)
Besides the non-functioning button for adding individual OTA channels, the Hopper w/Sling (and I presume the original Hopper) aren't able to (reliably) add or remove OTA channels. You can run a scan, it will pick up new channels (if applicable), but you can't save the changes. Same thing applies if you try to remove OTA channels that are picked up. You 'delete' them, hit save, confirm the change and nothing changes.

I have a Hopper w/Sling, and this OTA recording issue now seems to have spread to that device also (I wonder how much of the code base is shared between them). Never used to be any problems, but now OTA recordings have video and audio dropouts (live OTA is OK).

Anyone else with a Hopper w/Sling experiencing this, or do I take it personally?

OTA through the DISH receiver is their ecosystem. Completely integrated, DISH makes watching OTA channels easy.

I don't think you understand. OTA through dish with the H3 is sketchy at best now. If I would like to record my fox affiliate now it has to be with the OTA module through the receiver. The signal pops and pixelates all the time now. Due to the Tribune dispute I can't record the regular signal.

To eliminate the issue with the OTA module on the receiver I simply go to OTA on my tv tuner which takes me out of the dish ecosystem. Something I know they don't want.

Last edited:
I have a large Channel Master antenna in my attic. I'm about 12 miles from all the TV stations in OKC, and luckily most of them are in the same direction. Before I got 100% on all stations using it. Then with the H3, I still got 100%, but i couldn't get the ABC station KOCO TV at all. I had to get a cheap OTA antenna and put behind the TV in the theater room to get the ABC station, and never figured out why.

So, at times I can record OTA stations and get perfect playback on all boxes, Wireless Joeys, 4K Joey, and the H3. Other times it's simply awful. So much audio drops and pixelation you can't watch it.

I too am affected by the Tribune dispute, and as a result, other than the Olympics I quit watching the NBC channel 4 KFOR in OKC. I use to watch their news, weather, and sports. Not anymore. When they come back, I won't be there (but I guess that's another rant).
DISH never added the feature to save, remove, or add single OTA channels on the H1 or H2, why would I believe they will for the H3? If enough of us complain to DISH, they might, but they don't believe they need to because the monetary gain in their eyes doesn't seem justified.

I really hope DISH proves me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)