KHEMKA !!! PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE ON OTA RECOCDING FIX

And now MyDish.com--Order From Store doesn't even have the OTA adapter listed, (for me anyway) maybe they're updating it.

The USB OTA modules are currently very rare. DISH and almost everybody are out of stock.

You would think that with all the new hopper 3 s going out, that they would have a large backstock of these in a warehouse waiting to be ordered. They should be making some new ones for sale, considering the disputes with certain local channels and the need for an ota signal to replace the disputed sat channel.

You would think that with all the new hopper 3 s going out, that they would have a large backstock of these in a warehouse waiting to be ordered. They should be making some new ones for sale, considering the disputes with certain local channels and the need for an ota signal to replace the disputed sat channel.
Honestly, Most people would probably just use their TV for OTA, if they don't do that already.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I read somewhere that DISH was looking for a new supplier for the OTA dongle.

People are fools paying that much for that adapter. I'd use my TV tuner and forego being able to record before I'd pay that much.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Troch77
People are fools paying that much for that adapter. I'd use my TV tuner and forego being able to record before I'd pay that much.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Not me. It's a one time cost. For the amount of content I could record and keep, it would be well worth it to me.

If they are looking to other manufacturers, seems like it could be a while before any new ones are available, considering time to select a vendor, prototyping, testing, approvals and whatnot.

The prices on ebay might get really interesting if that is the case.

They could have started looking long before anyone knew they were looking. The adapters could be on a boat on the way to the US right now.... Or, it could be weeks or months before they're available again.

One of the big issues from the OTA tuner was initially released was because they purchased a large quantity of OTA Tuners from one company and once they had them the company they got them from was not giving them the drivers and driver updates and changes DISH needed to make them work with the Hopper system.

They had to go out and find another company and again to make different dongles using a different chipset and work with them (and wait) for drivers that were made to work with the Hopper.

That is what caused the delay in the OTA tuner last time. I know it was crazy for me to see a warehouse full of OTA tuners that were never sold or worked with the Hopper.

Now I got to be honest, I do not even know if they are making more OTA tuners or have plans to, as I have heard nothing. I would hope they would though.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I consider myself extremely lucky that Dish was able to send me a new OTA adapter for my HWS.

When the tribune stations were removed, Dish sent me an amplified indoor antenna. While I was on the phone, I asked if they could send me an OTA adapter for my HWS so that I would be able to record the OTA channels that Tribune had removed. At first, the person on the phone had no idea what I was talking about, but after checking with his supervisor, he said that they would send me the OTA adapter.

A few days later, there was a package from Dish on my front steps. When I opened the package, I found that Dish had sent me an OTA adapter for the VIP 722k receiver. Oh crap, now I have to get on the phone and try to explain all of this to the CSR (I was procrastinating calling Dish). About a week later (without me calling Dish), I received another package from Dish. This time it was the correct OTA adapter for my HWS! I have no idea why I got 2 OTA adapters or why I received one a week later.

Afterwards, I read all the posts about how the OTA adapters are in short supply, and I realized how lucky I was to get one!

Let's see- I have 2. If I clear $100 apiece for them, I could buy a Channel Master DVR+ and plug in a spare EHD I have hanging around. No net cash outlay.

Hmmmm......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)