KHEMKA !!! PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE ON OTA RECOCDING FIX

I fixed my OTA issues. Have H3 and 3 Joeys. I unplugged the coax from the OTA dongle and rescanned to clear all channels. Plugged back in and rescanned. All channels were rock solid on the H3 and all joeys. However the next day pixels and audio drop out on the joeys. The H3 was still fine. I tuned to the OTA channels, about 13 of them for about 15 seconds each. Turned the hopper off and found every Joey as solid as the hopper. My only guess is the nightly update causes the problem.

So what's the story with DishNetwork OTA adapters? Is DishNetwork looking for a new supplier or are they permanently discontinuing them? Can someone from DishNetwork with knowledge of the situation with DishNetwork OTA adapters please provide an answer? I understand the frustration of the OP on getting answers.

From the Solidsignal blog by Stuart Sweet: "As I said, the DISH over the air modules are already all gone and no more will be made."
http://forums.solidsignal.com/conte...ord-over-the-air-TV-with-a-satellite-receiver

You'd think EchoStar would find some manufacturer in good ole' Red China to make them for them though.
That would certainly be contingent on how popular they really are. I'm confident that there isn't as much demand as people think.

That blog at Solid Signal says that Directv doesn't offer OTA (??) anymore either. That's telling....

The smarter thing that Dish should have done was use 'standard' dongles vs their own, proprietary one. That would have even allowed them to private-label a mass-produced dongle as well. Sure, a small number of people would buy the standard ones vs the Dish-branded ones, but who cares. Dish hardly "supports" the adapter as it is.

That would certainly be contingent on how popular they really are. I'm confident that there isn't as much demand as people think.

That blog at Solid Signal says that Directv doesn't offer OTA (??) anymore either. That's telling....

The smarter thing that Dish should have done was use 'standard' dongles vs their own, proprietary one. That would have even allowed them to private-label a mass-produced dongle as well. Sure, a small number of people would buy the standard ones vs the Dish-branded ones, but who cares. Dish hardly "supports" the adapter as it is.

I think I recall reading somewhere else that DirecTV had discontinued the AM21 and was or might even end support for it in future firmware upgrades.

Hey guys, the OTA issue is something we have been actively working on. There were fixes in the last two releases that addressed some of the issues, but we are testing the full solution in beta right now. It looks good so far, with the pixilation on DVR and Joey playback completely resolved. It should be ready to roll out in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Rob

Hey guys, the OTA issue is something we have been actively working on. There were fixes in the last two releases that addressed some of the issues, but we are testing the full solution in beta right now. It looks good so far, with the pixilation on DVR and Joey playback completely resolved. It should be ready to roll out in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Rob
Thank you very much for the info. Good news

Thanks,
Rob
I knew it . I've been saying that it took till October 12 of 2012 the first year I had the original hopper, for the ota issues to be solved. If this software gets downloaded that fixes the hopper 3 ota issues in the next couple of weeks, it will be right on time. :bigok

Thanks for the update.:bounce

Reactions: charlesrshell

Thanks,
Rob

Thanks for the response. Keeping my fingers crossed that the OTA issues will be resolved. I really miss the Tech Chat. The Hopper 3 Insider on 103 is fine for what it is, but it would be nice to have a more technical briefing/Question and Answer kind of show. Thanks SatelliteGuys for giving us this forum.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I knew it . I've been saying that it took till October 12 of 2012 the first year I had the original hopper, for the ota issues to be solved. If this software gets downloaded that fixes the hopper 3 ota issues in the next couple of weeks, it will be right on time. :bigok

Thanks for the update.:bounce

This made me laugh. Do you really think it's a function of scheduling rather than just a coincidence? If they could have gotten the fix right in the past few releases, it would have gone out. They aren't arbitrarily waiting until October to mirror what happened in 2012...

Reactions: Troch77
This made me laugh. Do you really think it's a function of scheduling rather than just a coincidence? If they could have gotten the fix right in the past few releases, it would have gone out. They aren't arbitrarily waiting until October to mirror what happened in 2012...
Amen...

Thanks,
Rob
Any chance you can clear the air on whether there will even be any more OTA adapters (in light of the quote from Solid Signal saying there will not)?

Never said it was on schedule . I said it took almost the first year after the first gen hopper got the fix for ota issues, which was around October of that year. I also said in earlier posts that if history is any indicator, it would be around October of this year if they get it fixed on the hopper 3.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: bmetelsky

Thanks,
Rob
This is great news and I look forward to receiving the update!