KICU 36 San Francisco to become "KTVU Plus" April 25th

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
KTVU Fox 2 in San Fran/Oakland area is going to rebrand its co-owned Independent KICU 36 as "KTVU Plus" on the 25th

OTA sports is almost non-existent any more. Funny, their one sports highlight was the Raiders, who are typically on CBS 5. Hockey and NBA are exclusive to RSNs and baseball has very, very little OTA exposure. I do remember when KTVU had Roller Derby.

Many years ago, KTVU was the home of the Giants, KICU was the home of the A's and Warriors. That would be quite a collection these days.

I know the Giants are on NBC Bay Area but I didnit think the A's had any OTA games

Yeah its kinda weird how they presented it. Maybe they are renaming it so folks know that FOX 2 owns it (????)

I haven't seen any program changes since KICU 36 became "KTVU Plus" a couple days ago. The only change I've seen is the logo in the lower right corner which shows "KTVU Plus" instead of KICU 36 and the promos now call it "KTVU Plus".

By the way, KICU is licensed to San Jose, while KTVU is licensed to Oakland.

LOL, back in the 80's KTVU used to broadcast movies like Porky's unedited. And KICU used to have a commercial with a blond facing left mentioning "the Perfect 36" !

those were the days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts