Kid pees on school macbook cart... $36,000 of damage

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I have NO IDEA if its true, but the article that I found it in is hysterical.

Kid pees on school MacBook cart – causes $36,000 in damages

I don’t know… I hate to appear insensitive to the other students in the school, but I think these school officials are throwing the MacBooks out with the proverbial urinal cake, so to speak. I mean, realistically, assuming that when this kid peed on the computer cart it was holding 36 MacBooks, give or take, and they were probably staked, lid-closed, in some sort of shelving system, could he REALLY have totaled ALL 36? Or are these spoiled kids these days unwilling to use a computer that smells like urine? Back in MY day we would have KILLED to have a urine soaked computer, and we would have been THANKFUL!

Made me laugh. Enjoy!

If it is true I don't see 36,000.

Is this covered by AppleCare? :D

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Maybe the cart was plugged in, shorted out and caught fire?

I too have a hard time believing he killed every computer...

Expect a bunch of "lightly used" MacBooks to show up on Ebay! :D

$35k for several MAS?? UGH they would be much better off with about several well setup PCs that would not have cost near as much and served their needs better; more schools WASTING $$$

If it is true I don't see 36,000.
MacBook Air machines cost $999, MacBook Pro machines cost $1199. To make it easy, let's just call it "1000". Multiply by "36" and there you have it. Obviously the school considers the machines totalled and will need to be replaced, hence their damage amount they came up with.

I bet Calvin was the kid's name....
Hehe... th_Calvin.jpg He wanted to re-enact that scene !! :D

Apple's Shares Are Now More Expensive Than Google's

Target drops Kindle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)