King Dome LP in motion

septicdeath

Dec 8, 2006
I have been going over the instructions for the install of this unit for the last week, pretty straight forward, the only thing that I can't seem to find information on is what fasteners to use to mount the in-motion bubble to the Rubber Roof that is on our 2004 23' Jamboree RV.

The instructions go so far as to say that their are multiple ways, and it is up to the installer to utilize the correct fasteners.

Anyways, the unit is rather light, and has four mounting legs that are fastened to the rubber roof with 3 fasteners per leg. Once the outer legs are mounted, you can unbolt the bubble from the outer leg pieces for repair or whatever. I have already purchased a waterproof sealant, and basically from what I can see, the sealant will be working as a glue in itself, with the screws (or whatever) basically holding down the feet while the sealant sets. I've tried to get some help on the RV forums but no one has even tried to help answer this question. I've got a rough estimate that the rubber roof is about 1.5 - 2" thick, so right as it stands, I am planning on using a self tapping sheetmetal hex head screw, maybe 1/4" thick at the threads. Of course the screw holes themselfs will have sealant in them, also locking in the screws to the roof.

Anyone know? If not by experience, than anyone want to ponder a better fastener, its basically down to just what kind of screw (and how well the threads will bite into the rubber roof)... Thanks in advance..

SD

End of Line for Uverse

Antenna cable for CATV vs Satellite TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts