KJWP Philadelphia reception help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

freeisforme

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2017
south jersey
I am trying to get kjwp but i think i have to much interference. i made a twin lead antenna if my math is right, the antenna is 98.46 inches long and in my attic about 22 feet off the ground. no reflector or director. i have tried aluminum screen about 40 inches back, but not covering the full length of the twin lead. that get the signal to 25%, without the screen its 5%. the percentages were taken around noon. i would like 40% for a "stable" signal. Also i have a twin lead antenna for WPVI, that is vertical and aluminum window screen as a reflector about 36 inches back, i get zero signal placed horizontal. my main question is for interference. How far can the electrical interference travel and still effect the tv signal? About 200 ft away, there is a utility pole that puts interference on AM radio across the whole band when is raining out. also i have residential power lines 30 feet from the antenna and at the same height. i have a 32 inch lcd up in the attice with me, the antenna is connected to the converter box " to get the signal meter" and then the tv. The RG6 is 25ft. cant post link to tvfool report. my zip is 08087

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts