KLKN Lincoln, NE could be pulled

Same in Sioux City

Threatening same with local ABC affil in Sioux City, IA

Home page story at kcautv dot com

Formats for the web pages look familiar? More corporate BS froma Group Owner...Citadel Communications Company, Ltd.
:mad:
The same thing was tried a year or so ago with the Fox and CBS affil here...both owned by ANOTHER group owner Pappas Brdcasting

The good news is there is a second ABC station carried by Dish in the Lincoln DMA.

This is ABC Channel 8 out of Lincoln that is included in the Lincoln/Kearney/Hastings DMA. It's never really made sense to me that Lincoln doesn't get Omaha's stations since it's only 45 miles or so. Lincoln gets ABC out of Lincoln (channel 8) and ABC out of Kearney (135 miles), Fox out of Kearney (sister station to the ABC station), CBS out of Lincoln/Grand Island, NBC out of Hastings, and I'm not sure where the CW comes from. The PQ of KLKN has always been awful on Dish for me, so no loss in my opinion.

I agree with that 100%. Lincoln and Omaha should be in the same DMA, but that was set up a long, long time ago. The thing that irritates me is that the Omaha stations are carried on Time Warner in Lincoln, but Dish and Direct can't do the same. Luckily the Omaha stations are easy to receive via OTA in Lincoln.

I live in Cass county now and I can only get the Omaha DMA now. it's really funny how things work. I do miss all the GI stations and all the husker harvest day updates...now all I hear about is crime and shooting in Omaha. It's depressing. :D

I live in Spirit Lake, Ia, and we get the Sioux City locals. No option for OTA antenna.
It is always the rural communities that will suffer in the situation. evey time.

KCAU TV says they will be off the air July 31st, but since those locals are on 129 Sat. It might free up some room on that dieing bird.

I live in Spirit Lake, Ia, and we get the Sioux City locals. No option for OTA antenna.
It is always the rural communities that will suffer in the situation. evey time.

KCAU TV says they will be off the air July 31st, but since those locals are on 129 Sat. It might free up some room on that dieing bird.

Yeah, I guess I am lucky that I can get Sioux City OTA, will I still have my guide info to program DVR tho??

I also just read that D* is adding Sioux Falls HD to their service, maybe with luck SIoux City won't be far behind...The use of OTA for locals on my DVR is one of the biggest plusses E* has right now...if it comes to the point where I can get my local HD from a bird, I may just go.....also, any chance of getting the Sioux Falls DMA for you in Spirit Lake? It is actually a little closer market (not by much tho!!)

Hear is a suggestion . . . .

use the Dish HD DVR with the build in Over the Air Turner. Pick up both the Omaha and HD channels. They will both show up on the guide.

I live in Sarpy county, thats what we do here. We get Omaha via the Dish feed, but both Via the free over the air. All show up on the guide data.

With the free over the air, Dish and the station can fight all the want, you will still get it.

Yeah, I guess I am lucky that I can get Sioux City OTA, will I still have my guide info to program DVR tho??

I also just read that D* is adding Sioux Falls HD to their service, maybe with luck SIoux City won't be far behind...The use of OTA for locals on my DVR is one of the biggest plusses E* has right now...if it comes to the point where I can get my local HD from a bird, I may just go.....also, any chance of getting the Sioux Falls DMA for you in Spirit Lake? It is actually a little closer market (not by much tho!!)

One County WEST of Dickinson County gets Sioux Falls Locals (SD), two county's EAST get Des Moines Locals (SD) that are "SOON" to be in HD.
It looks like I will be moving east two County's "SOON"

WHBF CBS in Rock Island is now off the air as well. Fortunately I have OTA HD but the guide information is not there for timers. Why is it Dish is the one always having disputes with stations?

So people in Lincoln actually watch channel 8. I didn't even know that they were still around.

As you can tell I could care less about channel 8. Their picture quality has always been the worst, even directly off the antenna. They should pay DISH and Direct to carried on there systems.

Just got this email back from KCAU

Thank you for your email. We, too, regret that our negotiations with the DISH Network have come to an impasse. In fact, this is the first time in our station's history that a satellite or cable provider has taken our signal down from their system. Our company has successfully -- and fairly -- negotiated hundreds of carriage agreements in the past several years with other satellite and cable operators.

Our most recent carriage agreement with DISH expired at midnight on July 31. We submitted a proposed new agreement to them on May 23, and we didn’t get any substantive response until the week of July 21. Our discussions with them over the past 10 days have been disappointing and less than productive.

DISH Network is telling their subscribers that we are asking for (or, in their words, “demanding”) a huge increase in our carriage fees. In fact, our proposal does provide for an increase that reflects the going market rate for broadcast network affiliates. Moreover, the fees we have asked for are a fraction of what DISH pays for other program services such as ESPN, TNT, Fox News, USA and Nickelodeon -- all of which have considerably less viewership than our station.

One other point: as a DISH customer you are likely paying a monthly fee for the local stations. You might consider asking them to waive this fee, or at least issue a pro-rated credit, until such time that our station's signal is restored.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Again, we sincerely regret that our viewers find themselves in the middle of this unfortunate and unnecessary business dispute....and pledge to you that we work diligently to reach an agreement with DISH that is fair and reasonable to both parties. I would ask that you consider placing a call to Eric Sahl at DISH Network (ph 303-723-1515) and encourage him to make the same pledge.

David Jones

Operations Manager

KCAU-TV

712-277-2345 Ext. 201

djones@kcautv.com

WOW - fewer people watch ESPN than watch that station???

Probably more people watch ESPN than are in that stations DMA.

I watch the morning news on KLKN when I need some comic relief. I get my ABC from Omaha via OTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts