More lame 722 installation questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BiffNotZeem

Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
I currently have a 510 and Dish 500. I have a 722 that has been sitting in its box behind the couch for a couple of month.

When I tried to install the 722 when I got it, I found out that I plugging the Dish 500 into the splitter thing that came with the 722 and plugging the outputs from that into the 722 was not be sufficient to get HD. (Dish also activated the box without really activating it - they charged me the $5 "no phone line" fee, but their records showed that I had never activated the box).

I only have one TV that I watch Dish on, but I may want to watch a program while PVR'ing. And I obviously I want HD. I am in the Seattle area.

If I replace my Dish 500 with a Dish 1000.2, can I just replace the dish, attach it to the RG cable on the roof and plug the other end into the 722 (as I tried earlier)? Or, do I need to get some kind of switch?

alan

I currently have a 510 and Dish 500. I have a 722 that has been sitting in its box behind the couch for a couple of month.

When I tried to install the 722 when I got it, I found out that I plugging the Dish 500 into the splitter thing that came with the 722 and plugging the outputs from that into the 722 was not be sufficient to get HD. (Dish also activated the box without really activating it - they charged me the $5 "no phone line" fee, but their records showed that I had never activated the box).

I only have one TV that I watch Dish on, but I may want to watch a program while PVR'ing. And I obviously I want HD. I am in the Seattle area.

If I replace my Dish 500 with a Dish 1000.2, can I just replace the dish, attach it to the RG cable on the roof and plug the other end into the 722 (as I tried earlier)? Or, do I need to get some kind of switch?

alan

ok, i'll bite.

in order to HD programming from Dish Network, you need:

line of sight to one of the Sats carrying HD programming (61.5 or 129) - no way for us to know if you do.

a dish pointed at one of those sats. If you have a 500 dish with standard programming - you probably do not.

an HD receiver - youve got that.

subscribed to HD Programming - are you?

yes a dish 1000.2 should do what you need if you have line of sight from where that 500 is. if you dont have line of sight, you might have to do a wing dish in a diffrent location pointed at one of those HD sats, which might then require a switch (depending on the LNB on your current Dish 500).

if you get a hold of a dish 1000.2 and you happen to have line of site to 129, are you up for aiming it?

maybe a tech should come out and square you away???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts