Klondike Discovery Channel

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...view-klondike-20140105,0,1303819.story?page=1

I had never even heard about this series until Richard Madden (Robb Stark from Game of Thrones) was the guest on The Nerdist podcast this week. I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones and after hearing his hour on the podcast I set a timer for this right away.

I'm not a huge fan of Discovery getting into scripted drama but I guess I'd rather have that than more reality shows. It sounds like they are trying to catch some of the magic History Channel got in the ratings from their Hatfields and McCoys historical mini-series.

This mini-series starts next Monday, January 20th and it's being produced by Ridley Scott.

Looking forward to it.I really enjoy Vikings on History channel.Always nice to have some scripted shows.These days it doesn't matter what the network is,none of them stay true to their genre.

True. I guess I don't care which channel a show is on as long as it is good, it's included in my subscription, and it's HD.

I watched part 1 last night and thought it was very good. I was hooked enough that I would have jumped right into part 2 if they weren't 2 hours each. I second one of those last night would have made for a very rough morning today.

I'm trying to enjoy this show but between the Discovery channel logo and the giant stupid countdown timer to the finale I might not finish. The logo is one thing but the timer is just obnoxious. :mad: Between the 2 it takes up 1 sq.ft. :rant:

I'm trying to enjoy this show but between the Discovery channel logo and the giant stupid countdown timer to the finale I might not finish. The logo is one thing but the timer is just obnoxious. :mad: Between the 2 it takes up 1 sq.ft. :rant:
As soon as I saw the bright burning logo on the right bottom and the Orange Klondike on the top right I had enuff. Click and delete.:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)