KMJC-LD in Kansas

I would like to thank Brian Short for allowing me a tour of the KMJC transmitter facility this evening. He was also gracious enough to allow me to take some photos to share with the forum here. The transmitter is inside a former AT&T microwave relay site. A lot of that old equipment is still inside and was interesting to see. KMJC is using state-of-the-art equipment which is ATSC 3.0 ready.

Here are some photos from my visit.

View attachment 121929 View attachment 121930 View attachment 121931 View attachment 121932

The problem is the antenna is only up around 150 feet and not at the top. Second the FCC has mandated that AT&T sell or take down old microwave switches since they have been replaced by fiber

Reactions: localclassictvfan
The problem is the antenna is only up around 150 feet and not at the top. Second the FCC has mandated that AT&T sell or take down old microwave switches since they have been replaced by fiber

I believe it's up 400 feet, not 150. Also ATT does not own the tower any longer. It's owned by the CEO of KMJC. The signal can be reached in Fulton, KS which is a good 45 miles+ from the tower. Not bad for a LP

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: localclassictvfan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)