This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Know anything about a Multistar MS-90 motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just came across this motor as well they sell for cheap. I tried searching the net but came up empty handed. I think this motor is very much the same as Moteck SG-2100, from i can tell, but i could be wrong.

it is actually a copy of the stab 90 motor but the enclosure is plastic instead of the italian metallic. also the u bolts will probably rust faster. i did not open mine but someone told me the gears are also not very good quality that is why is cheaper. I have it working perfectly though, the only difference so far (almost 2 months) with the stab 90 , if the LNB is not connected to this multistar motor then it keeps moving very slowly and does not hold the position. I thought it was defective when I tested it at the receiver but once I installed it outside with the LNB connected then it has worked flawlessly so far. I still rather by a real stab 90 for the long run in my opinion. Local Ariza store went out of business in my neighborhood and they gave me that one as a package with a dish for almost free so I took it.

great thanks for posting your finds, I might get it just for the kicks, is definitely 33 dollars cheaper then the real moteck 2100.

How's that motor working? Some on Ebay and wondering if the plastic is holding up. ally

For lack of a better answer.... I have never seen one in the wild. HH motor housing rigidity is a problem even with a full metal case. I wouldn't think that substituting a plastic case would improve the situation!

Personally, I would spend $30 - $50 more and get the Stab.

Reactions: Radioguy41
Status
Please reply by conversation.