Know anything about a Multistar MS-90 motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just came across this motor as well they sell for cheap. I tried searching the net but came up empty handed. I think this motor is very much the same as Moteck SG-2100, from i can tell, but i could be wrong.

it is actually a copy of the stab 90 motor but the enclosure is plastic instead of the italian metallic. also the u bolts will probably rust faster. i did not open mine but someone told me the gears are also not very good quality that is why is cheaper. I have it working perfectly though, the only difference so far (almost 2 months) with the stab 90 , if the LNB is not connected to this multistar motor then it keeps moving very slowly and does not hold the position. I thought it was defective when I tested it at the receiver but once I installed it outside with the LNB connected then it has worked flawlessly so far. I still rather by a real stab 90 for the long run in my opinion. Local Ariza store went out of business in my neighborhood and they gave me that one as a package with a dish for almost free so I took it.

great thanks for posting your finds, I might get it just for the kicks, is definitely 33 dollars cheaper then the real moteck 2100.

it is actually a copy of the stab 90 motor but the enclosure is plastic instead of the italian metallic. also the u bolts will probably rust faster. i did not open mine but someone told me the gears are also not very good quality that is why is cheaper. I have it working perfectly though, the only difference so far (almost 2 months) with the stab 90 , if the LNB is not connected to this multistar motor then it keeps moving very slowly and does not hold the position. I thought it was defective when I tested it at the receiver but once I installed it outside with the LNB connected then it has worked flawlessly so far. I still rather by a real stab 90 for the long run in my opinion. Local Ariza store went out of business in my neighborhood and they gave me that one as a package with a dish for almost free so I took it.

How's that motor working? Some on Ebay and wondering if the plastic is holding up. ally

For lack of a better answer.... I have never seen one in the wild. HH motor housing rigidity is a problem even with a full metal case. I wouldn't think that substituting a plastic case would improve the situation! :eeek

Personally, I would spend $30 - $50 more and get the Stab.

Reactions: Radioguy41
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts