KPBI is scrambled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Gas said:
here is the deal. FOx gave us no choice but to encrypt because of the NFL. The cost to ebcrypt is too high for us to do it to all stations but I will tell you that WMQF is next and last to be encrypted. FYI- Confessions Live is on a dozen of the feeds and was never on KPBI so to who ever said they miss it....not/.
Gary

I wasn't saying Confessions Live was now encrypted I was saying I hope the rest of the G10R feeds don't get encrypted which would mean Confessions Live would be encrypted then.

Thanks for keeping us updated Gary and keep up the craziness on Friday nights, I look forward to your show on Friday nights after winding down from a crazy week at work. I usually watch your show set to "Always on Top" on about 1/4 of my 21" screen on the PC while catching up on the forums.

Gas said:
here is the deal. FOx gave us no choice but to encrypt because of the NFL. The cost to ebcrypt is too high for us to do it to all stations but I will tell you that WMQF is next and last to be encrypted. FYI- Confessions Live is on a dozen of the feeds and was never on KPBI so to who ever said they miss it....not/.
Gary

Thanks Gary for the information. It's great to have an "inside source" that can let us know what is going on. Keep up the good work on Confessions too.

BabaLouie said:
Isn't there a Fox station still on 101W ku out of Beaumont, TX?

There are still a couple network affliates out there ITC, but it's best not to talk about it here. The NFL is banking on us spending $239 on Sunday Ticket. They don't plan to let us watch the games on some backwater Fox or CBS for free. We all know why we want to watch the Fox and CBS only on Sunday. God knows why we don't want to watch the sitcoms, talk shows nor the informercials on these Fox during the weekdays...

Thank God I have Sunday Ticket...

I mention it a few months ago. A few years back, there was a Burlington, VT, Fox on GE-5 at 79W. I can get that channel OK all the time, except when it's Sunday afternoon, I never managed to get any decent signal...

When a channel goes encrypted like that, how can you get them? Do you need a subscription card or anything, that you can call and get their service for a fee? How does one legally go about recieving encrypted channels?

pokey31 said:
When a channel goes encrypted like that, how can you get them? Do you need a subscription card or anything, that you can call and get their service for a fee? How does one legally go about recieving encrypted channels?

With a C Band system you can get subscription stuff and even some ala carte but with FTA you are SOL.

Well I hope everyone is happy. KPBI is now scrambled with WMQF and others to follow. When will you guys ever learn? The attention that this forum, Lyngsat, Skyvision and others gave these FTA channels it was only a matter of time before encryption reared its ugly head. Gee did you notice something it is the FOX affiliates that are scrambling now! No More NASCAR, No more NFL and No more MLB. So your discussion is now mute, now isn't it.

(GAS) had nothing to do with it. FOX did!! So start your stopwatches because the other BIG 3 are next!! If you don't know what those are I'll be happy to tell you. NBC,CBS and ABC!!!!

Let me fill you guys in on something. THE less they know about people watching their feeds the better it is for ALL OF US. It doesn't help bringing it to their attention, waving your hands in the air like little kids saying "look were here".

I bet it never crossed anyones mind that the post awhile back about if people were watching was most likely a HUGE setup. Because they are in the same mux!! Like dummys people were posting "yea were watching!!!" Way to go congratulations!!! FOX IS GONE!! NBC,CBS and ABC will be gone soon too!!!

Hope your proud of yourselves. I'm sure as HELL not!!!!!!

labonte18 said:
Well I hope everyone is happy. KPBI is now scrambled with WMQF and others to follow. When will you guys ever learn? The attention that this forum, Lyngsat, Skyvision and others gave these FTA channels it was only a matter of time before encryption reared its ugly head. Gee did you notice something it is the FOX affiliates that are scrambling now! No More NASCAR, No more NFL and No more MLB. So your discussion is now mute, now isn't it.

(GAS) had nothing to do with it. FOX did!! So start your stopwatches because the other BIG 3 are next!! If you don't know what those are I'll be happy to tell you. NBC,CBS and ABC!!!!

Let me fill you guys in on something. THE less they know about people watching their feeds the better it is for ALL OF US. It doesn't help bringing it to their attention, waving your hands in the air like little kids saying "look were here".

I bet it never crossed anyones mind that the post awhile back about if people were watching was most likely a HUGE setup. Because they are in the same mux!! Like dummys people were posting "yea were watching!!!" Way to go congratulations!!! FOX IS GONE!! NBC,CBS and ABC will be gone soon too!!!

Well, my first thought is-if you know so much why is this your first post?

Anyway, there is a "What's Up there Forum" here at Satguys to discuss feeds and to avoid "waving our hands around". As far as in the clear stuff in general goes this has been a known fact for what-20 plus years? Nothing new at all about that. And there always will be stuff in the clear-news feeds and so on at least. But there have been a number of channels that started as FTA and went to pay TV. Again-happened before will happen again.

My advice-if you want 100 percent guranteed TV get cable or another pay service. But Satellite Guys is not causing channels to become scrambled.

IMO :)

Here is my opinion. Number of posting can't justify on the knowledge of others. To me, they're just meaningless.
We all know the Equity and other locals are posted in Lyngsat and other public sites. But why we need to draw more attention from the networks by posting "We don't need to sub Sunday Package because we can get most of the games FTA"...
Let put ourself on DirectTV shoes...Will we be upset when reading this such post?
My post might sound offended....take it for what it's worth.
We all also know that FTA channels come and go, but why don't why just try to keep them in low profile, hoping that the networks see us as a small hobbiest group, not a large one which might cause their revenue affected?
My 2 cents opinion.
FTArock.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Well, my first thought is-if you know so much why is this your first post?

Anyway, there is a "What's Up there Forum" here at Satguys to discuss feeds and to avoid "waving our hands around". As far as in the clear stuff in general goes this has been a known fact for what-20 plus years? Nothing new at all about that. And there always will be stuff in the clear-news feeds and so on at least. But there have been a number of channels that started as FTA and went to pay TV. Again-happened before will happen again.

My advice-if you want 100 percent guranteed TV get cable or another pay service. But Satellite Guys is not causing channels to become scrambled.

IMO :)

normally I say welcome but in this case I say WHO IS THE SAM HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???

labonte18 said:
I highly doubt that this forum was the reason they were scrambled. As a known fact, FOX likes to scramble stuff and doesn't like to give stuff away so we knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I'm happy that we had them for this long (remember, these were suppose to move to G3 C-band this past spring). I can still see FOX OTA & on my Dish system

I think we clearly know Gary had nothing to do with it and that FOX asked to have it scrambled. I do know what the Big 3 are, but NBC & CBS on G10 aren't owned by Equity...the ABC is :)

really?? I would have never known that. Thats why we have a whats up there area.

Since yet again the thread was directed towards me. Funny how I did that last year and nothing was said. I have StarChoice, which is a SUBSCRIPTION service, so I can see more football than I normally would and not need NFLSTRO (thats NFL Sunday Ticket Rip Off). Oh yeah, Fox is scanning all message boards and saying "wait a minute..someone is watching OUR game and not paying for it? Oh we have to do something about that" Yeah right...go back to smoking whatever you are smoking. Its doing real good to them brain cells.

GOD DAMN RIGHT I AM PROUD OF MYSELF AND THIS BOARD. I am proud of alot of people here, all the people who can get their system working. All the people who love to help out, all the people who make this one of the funnest places on the net :)

ftarock said:
We all know the Equity and other locals are posted in Lyngsat and other public sites. But why we need to draw more attention from the networks by posting "We don't need to sub Sunday Package because we can get most of the games FTA"...
never said I could get most of the games FTA...can get some :)

Let put ourself on DirectTV shoes...Will we be upset when reading this such post?
They can plainly see I have StarChoice, which has lots of games too. Heck if I wanted NFLSTRO, I'd get it through SC :)

ftarock said:
Here is my opinion. Number of posting can't justify on the knowledge of others. To me, they're just meaningless.

That's true. The point I was trying to make without saying it is that the OP MAY be a troll from another board or someone who was banned here and returned.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
That's true. The point I was trying to make without saying it is that the OP MAY be a troll from another board or someone who was banned here and returned.

the OP is Diamond Jim :)

but I know what you mean :)

Iceberg,
It's not about 1 or 10 or 50 individuals watching NFL for free. In networks or satellite providers eyes, they only see a post mentioning their paid services can be watched without buying the services posted a forum that has thoundsands for memebers.
I know you are trying to help other members enjoying FTA...but telling the true this such post does not look good in networks eyes.
I am not here to discredit you, just want to put in my opinion.
Regards

Iceberg said:
never said I could get most of the games FTA...can get some :)

They can plainly see I have StarChoice, which has lots of games too. Heck if I wanted NFLSTRO, I'd get it through SC :)

Iceberg said:
GOD DAMN RIGHT I AM PROUD OF MYSELF AND THIS BOARD. I am proud of alot of people here, all the people who can get their system working. All the people who love to help out, all the people who make this one of the funnest places on the net :)

Well said Iceberg. I couldn't agree more.

KPBI/KFDF Scrambled?

Hey, all I did was tune them in and found out I couldn't get them, so I ask if anyone else was having the same problem. There is no need for this range war, you all sound like a bunch of democrats pointing fingers and have no idea what you are pointing at. You can count on one thing, this will be the last time I post anything other than questions about my equipment and/or operations.

With all due respect, do you all think that if a programmer puts something up in the clear that he is stupid enough to think that nobody except the intended party is watching? I am sure that posting feeds has nothing to do with things getting encrypted. Every clear signal is destined for encryption as soon as it hits the airways, it just a matter of time when some "wheel" decides to do it. I get FOX over the air, the only thing I am going to miss is not having the choice to find a different game other than what my local station is carrying.

Iceberg, at this time I request that you close this thread due to the fact that I am tired hearing the blame being pushed on someone that has nothing to do with the problem.

Have a nice day!! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fortec Ultra Electonic Program Guide

Virgin Islands/Puerto Rico Network Mux to G4R?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)