Ku Band LNB and DP34???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shilton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2003
Anyone know of any KU Band LNB's which will work with the DP34 switch? I really want to do a 2nd dish for 105 and don't want to rip out all my old stuff and revert to legacy stuff and an SW-64 to make this possible. I am sure Dish is just buying their LNB for the KU Band from someone. Does anybody know??? :?:

Just any FSS Ku stacked LNBF should works.
Check this GS-SLNB "Free-To-Air" Single LNB at http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:WIcXs7j8bH0J:www.dvbcanada.com/antenna.html+dvbcanada+Toroidal&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Smith said:
Just any FSS Ku stacked LNBF should works.
Check this GS-SLNB "Free-To-Air" Single LNB at http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:WIcXs7j8bH0J:www.dvbcanada.com/antenna.html+dvbcanada+Toroidal&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Is it because its "stacked" you say it will work??? Dish goes out of their way to tell you that ONLY DISHPRO stuff will work with the DP34 switch. Are they stretching the truth???

Dish's word on the matter

Got word back from Dish today. If using a DP34 switch, ONLY the DishPRO KU Lnb from the Superdish setup will work and it not being sold seperately for at least 6 months IF EVER..so If using the DP34's and desiring a 2nd antenna for 105, only option is to revert to all legacy LNB's and replace the DP34 with SW-64. In other words, a real pain...TOO BAD THERE WAS NOT THOUGHT FROM DISH INTO A 2ND DISH ALTERNATIVE TO SUPERDISH. I am not, but what would one in Puerto Rico do for example to get HD??? Superdish alone is too small to get a lock on 105 from there. Guess they're out of luck. Anyway, I will watch this one and hopefully Dish will respond down the line with a 2nd dish alternative. Till then, guess you're S.O.L. if you don't want Superdish and you have the Dp34!!!

Just because someone at Dish said it, doesn't mean it's true.

I would imagine anyone talking to a customer is instructed to say that they only support "official" Dish equipment. They don't want to be liable for the support headache of dealing with questions about non-standard setups.

It could very well be that any DiSEqC 2.0 stacked LNBF would work.

BarryO said:
It could very well be that any DiSEqC 2.0 stacked LNBF would work.
I can't figure out why it would need DiSEqC. The switch needs that to decide which of the input feeds to use, but a single bird LNBF should be putting out the same stacked output at all times.

(Dual stacked LNBFs such as the 119º-110º DP seem to revert to a default 119º on one port and 110º on the other - not requiring DiSEqC between the LNBF and the switch.)

It is probably just a support issue. Support only what you sell.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)