Ku FTA signals between 30W and 72W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rogerduncan100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto
Hello everyone

Pray tell, are there currently any Ku FTA signals between Hispasat and AMC 6? I wanna go for them if they are there to find!:p:popcorn:coffee

Roger

not much in that range that i know of....quite a bit at 63w unfortunately the beam does not reach NA (i think)....go for 15w if its not obstructed where you are (quite low in NA)

From the Toronto area I can get Amazonas at 61W. A bunch of encrypted stuff but also a looped sat service commercial you can fine tune on. Useful as a reference in setting up a motor/dish. Its my eastern limit as I have trees stopping me from getting anything farther east.

There's a Saudi Arabian channel on 45w, not in English. Once in a while there are feeds on 37.6w.

I have a QPH 031 which I assume will not work. It won't get such a low frequency like 11606 MHz.

I would need an LNB with a lower LO frequency, I think.

You might be surprised by what the QPH-031 can do. Set the LO to the 10600 and give it a try. I have had reasonable luck with mine. I have even gotten a whiff of some low band using mine. With a larger reflector, I could probably do better.

Obviously you wont max the Q, but it just might work.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

That's interesting!

Here is a technical question for everybody: Is the oscillation of the LNB controlled by the receiver, the LNB or some unpredictable combination of both?

It is set in the lnb. Some of the lnb's have a better frequency response than they advertise. It is not guaranteed, but some are capable.

The cost of that expansion module was beyond my budgetary allowance for the fiscal year. ;) I'm stuck with the stock 1K memory for now.

So is the LO frequency actually controlled by the LNB and the receiver just matches it or does the receiver control the LO frequency?

The L.O. is fixed. What it is is determined by the LNBF. Common L.O. freqs: Standard Ku= 10750, Universal Ku=22khz off-9750, 22khz ON-10600. C band=5150 (their are others)
For Ku, subtract the LNBF's L.O. from the TP freq. Result is what the receiver actually tunes.
For C, Subtract the TP freq from the L.O, Result is also the freq the receiver is tuned to.
Your entry of the L.O. into the receiver is only for the receiver to calculate and display the TP freq.
If you enter L.O. 10600, but the actual L.O. is 10750, the receiver will still 'blind scan' transponders on the satellite, but all TP freqs it displays will be 150Mhz different from actual.
When you enter the L.O. and TP freq, the receiver can then calculate what frequency to tune to.
12200 - 10750 = 1450
11700 - 10750 = 950
The frequencies- 950 to 2450 are often referred to as "L" band.

Last edited:
Scanned in at Traverse City, Michigan
1.2m dish

61 Ku 2 ch ITC 12172 H 27498
53 Ku 1 ch ITC 11633 H 3110
50 Ku 1 ch ITC 11050 V 27900
45 Ku 0 ch ITC 11453 V 2314
37.5 Ku 0 ch ITC 12080 H 8183

The 0 ch sats have feeds that are up occasionally, but the TP I listed are on 24/7.

Happy searching the "far east"

I am on the SE coast of Florida and can get the following with a 1.2m dish and Universal LNB:

15w: MSNBC, DVB-server and Eventos 1
30w: 51 channels
34.5w: France O and France 24 this one needed some USALS tweaking for me
45w: RASD TV (actually a Western Sahara channel)
58w: TV Mundi
61w: 3 RRSat promo channels

FaT Air, thanks for the explanation about LO frequencies. Maybe one day I will get a universal LNB.Pixl and wbarret, thanks for the info about satellites. I had no luck with any of the transponder frequencies provided but part of the reason is the neighbours' tree. The signal from 72W comes right through it but that's probably because it is so strong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)