AMC-16? No signal please help.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Can someone check AMC-16Ku for signal? I have nothing on any transponders including the data ones tonight. Thanks.

FWIW, I too tried a blind scan last night on AMC 16 since I noticed the normal Echostar slate on 12195 H 3978 was missing. Scan resulted in nothing; didn't find a single signal let alone anything to lock onto. The slate is back this morning but, as usual, no other signals for me this morning.

I get it on Horizontal, not Vertical. Is this what you have diamond jim?

Yes, it's horizontal, sorry. I watch the Yankee games on YES and they are always on vertical, so I have vertical on the brain when I am on AMC16. Glad to be of some service.

I would be lost without AMC-16

Are you confusing it with another AMC satellite? The only thing that's always on 16 is the EchoStar test pattern and it comes and goes.

Why? I never see anything, or am I looking at the wrong times?

I agree, I watch the Yankee games when they are on and then there is always a lot of college hockey in the winter, that's about it.

Last edited:
yeah this time of year 85W is kinda barren
but come fall with college football season and it really picks up

no not confused with another satellite, AMC-16 is a great live feed satellite and I spend a lot of time watching live feeds not talked about in the open forum. Thanks for your help, I see it's back lit up today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts