AMC-16? No signal please help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Can someone check AMC-16Ku for signal? I have nothing on any transponders including the data ones tonight. Thanks.

FWIW, I too tried a blind scan last night on AMC 16 since I noticed the normal Echostar slate on 12195 H 3978 was missing. Scan resulted in nothing; didn't find a single signal let alone anything to lock onto. The slate is back this morning but, as usual, no other signals for me this morning.

I get it on Horizontal, not Vertical. Is this what you have diamond jim?

Yes, it's horizontal, sorry. I watch the Yankee games on YES and they are always on vertical, so I have vertical on the brain when I am on AMC16. Glad to be of some service.

I would be lost without AMC-16

Are you confusing it with another AMC satellite? The only thing that's always on 16 is the EchoStar test pattern and it comes and goes.

Why? I never see anything, or am I looking at the wrong times?

I agree, I watch the Yankee games when they are on and then there is always a lot of college hockey in the winter, that's about it.

Last edited:
yeah this time of year 85W is kinda barren
but come fall with college football season and it really picks up

no not confused with another satellite, AMC-16 is a great live feed satellite and I spend a lot of time watching live feeds not talked about in the open forum. Thanks for your help, I see it's back lit up today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts