ku lnbs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
hi i wanted to know what is the difference between a dual polarity and a single polarity lnb? is it worth it to get a dual , or can i get by with a single?
thanks
jose

I guess you mean a dual LNB and a single LNB ? A single LNB has one output and can only be used with one receiver and a dual LNB has two outputs and can be hooked to two receivers, hope this is what you mean.

You mean a universal LNB! I would stick with a standard to start off with, a universal will only get you one more channel when used with a motorized system, and a universal LNB does not work with a signal meter, and it costs slightly more!

A dual polarity is a LNBF can switching from Horizonal to Verticle polarity, single polarity LNBF is it only handle one side of the polarity only and need manually turn the LNBF to get other polarity from the same LNBF.

On standard ku band LNBF, no matter on the low but the high must be 10750, wide band or universal type must be put in accordingly or you will not get the signal.

all4jo said:
hi i wanted to know what is the difference between a dual polarity and a single polarity lnb? is it worth it to get a dual , or can i get by with a single?
thanks
jose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)