Motorized KU band issue

Sorry, I couldn't determine which situation I have. I was fine tuning but it was messing up other satellites. Now I am getting the following on 65W and up:
65W - got many scrambled channels and few unscrambled but they give "Play Failed!" error
77W
97W
99W low quality - could only see "infowar" or "montana pbs"
101W
127W have quality 40-50 but cannot get any channels.
I'll try this week to see how many I can get below 65W.
Also why I am not getting any radio channels, is there a setting in A3?
Thanks

Sorry, I couldn't determine which situation I have. I was fine tuning but it was messing up other satellites.

What finetuning were you doing, then?
The diagnosis A/B/C/D should be leading, to assess what kind of finetuning is needed.
So I don't wonder, that finetuning is messing things up, when you have no clear diagnosis. :(:oops:

Greetz,
A33

What finetuning were you doing, then?
The diagnosis A/B/C/D should be leading, to assess what kind of finetuning is needed.
So I don't wonder, that finetuning is messing things up, when you have no clear diagnosis. :(:oops:

Greetz,
A33
Oh I meant to say that I was trying push/pull on the dish to determine if the signal goes up or down. It didn't make a difference so I loosened up dish little bit then that's when it moved a lot and messed up and took sometime to get sq up. I went back and started from 77W (as it was nearest to my true south). And added each satellite I mentioned. I'll hunt some satellites below 65W and report this week.

Hi, I tried and got a few more satellites locked up 61W and upward. But my A3 is misbehaving now. Once in a while it hangs and get only 46% signal (not quality) on all satelites. Only way to clear is to unplug A3 completely and connect it back up. Looks like it's time for a new receiver.

I bought KOQIT V5H to test it out (have 30 days, will return I don't like it), works fine, I am getting channels that I didn't get in A3 (I think because it's H.265). Even got satellite on 30W, many scrambled but some free too. Very easy to add channels. There are many missing from the list and I had to added a couple. Finding out how can I create list and upload it. Looks like it's tracking the arc nicely. From 30W to 77w to 127W.
Thanks again for all the help, this is one of the best forum.

Reactions: a33
I bought KOQIT V5H to test it out (have 30 days, will return I don't like it), works fine, I am getting channels that I didn't get in A3 (I think because it's H.265). Even got satellite on 30W, many scrambled but some free too. Very easy to add channels. There are many missing from the list and I had to added a couple. Finding out how can I create list and upload it. Looks like it's tracking the arc nicely. From 30W to 77w to 127W.
Thanks again for all the help, this is one of the best forum.
most channels on 30W are FTA, just a few are scrambled, and most channels are in Spanish (like Cubavision) or Arabic. If you are getting many scrambled channels, and just a few (FranceInfo, France24, CNews) are ITC and in French, you might be on 34.5W

Hi Brct203,
I confirmed I was on 30W. I scanned 34.5W too and got different channels. See my pics below. Thanks for checking it out.
I'll be trying to clean out the sat list using koqit editor.

Attachments

• IMG_2789.jpg
    IMG_2789.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2788.jpg
    IMG_2788.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: N5XZS and Brct203
Anyone has any idea how to modify Koqit v5h channel list? The one they have on their website imagetool v3.43 doesn't recognize the file "default_data.db".