Please reply by conversation.

kittyhas1000legs

That's a lot of claws!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Western Slope, CO
Hey all,

I decided to finally take the plunge and buy a motor for my Geosatpro 90cm. I'm probably going to go with this one on Ebay unless someone can point me toward a better price or more reputable seller.

I've noticed that some listings show a photo of the motor installed with the shaft above the motor, while others have the shaft aimed downward. Will either work? I'd assumed you'd have it pointing toward the ground with the dish attached to it. Of course, the hardest part will be getting the pole on the NPRM perfectly plumb and stable so it doesn't wobble going far to the east or west.

Also, does anyone have experience setting up a motor with a Linkbox 9000i? Good/bad/ugly? This will be the one receiver with just the one LNB, no switches involved.

The shaft on the Stab HH90 points down; the shaft on the larger Stab HH120 points up (I have both).

Even if you are going to hang 90cm dish on the motor, I would say, it is better to have more powerful motor. I recently bought such a motor, it has metal gear inside, and, BTW, cost less than 50 bucks. I have installed heavy 1.2m Channel Master dish on it. IMG_20170202_215843 (Large).jpg
If you wish, I can pick up another one in the shop and send it to you. Total price will be not more than 78.99 (including shipping) :)

Hey all,

I decided to finally take the plunge and buy a motor for my Geosatpro 90cm. I'm probably going to go with this one on Ebay unless someone can point me toward a better price or more reputable seller.

I've noticed that some listings show a photo of the motor installed with the shaft above the motor, while others have the shaft aimed downward. Will either work? I'd assumed you'd have it pointing toward the ground with the dish attached to it. Of course, the hardest part will be getting the pole on the NPRM perfectly plumb and stable so it doesn't wobble going far to the east or west.

Also, does anyone have experience setting up a motor with a Linkbox 9000i? Good/bad/ugly? This will be the one receiver with just the one LNB, no switches involved.
I know a STAB motor does work with a linkbox 9000i, but does not work with some off brand name motors. I have a motor that i got when i first started in FTA that came in a package from sadoun that the linkbox will not work with. All the other receivers (except the wetek play 2 that i have yet to try on it mainly because I havent figured out the user inerfacer) I have do work with the motor. I have also heard that the Italian STAB motor is one of the better motors to have. I think Rick at ricks satellite carrys them and satelliteav and maybe a few other sellers have them if you dont want to buy from e-bay but dont know the prices they have on them, been a while since i looked at motors for ku.

I can recommend Stab. My 90HH, coming up to 10 years, is still flawless. No problems in the cold winter or hot summer days.

I can recommend Stab. My 90HH, coming up to 10 years, is still flawless. No problems in the cold winter or hot summer days.
I'll second that. My HH120 has been moving a heavy 1.2 m Channel Master dish for three years now through Canadian winters without issues.

Even if you are going to hang 90cm dish on the motor, I would say, it is better to have more powerful motor. I recently bought such a motor, it has metal gear inside, and, BTW, cost less than 50 bucks. I have installed heavy 1.2m Channel Master dish on it. View attachment 124491
If you wish, I can pick up another one in the shop and send it to you. Total price will be not more than 78.99 (including shipping) :)

Do you know what size the shaft is on that motor? My dish uses a 42mm shaft, but it looks like the STAB HH120 would be too large.

I'd also give a vote to STAB HH120. Well worth the money.
There are a lot of knockoffs and junk motors out there.

That's my main worry. I might skip the ebayer and spend the extra money at Rick's.

At the very least I've confirmed I can get from 87W to 125w, maybe a little further east before part of my building blocks LOS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts