Ku motor recommendations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cool. The listing for the HH90 didn't show any holes, but actual photos of the motor installed show them. Now the hard part will be guaranteeing the pole is plumb and stays plumb. Then the process of scanning everything, then making an easy-enough-to-use channel list for regular viewing...

When I put the 1mtr. dish on the Sg2100 motor it had one hole drilled already. I used a drill press and put two more holes in it with no trouble.

Been 3 or so years, but my Stab HH-90 had the hole there. So, unless they changed something, should still be there. Titanium gave good assembly advise.

You will enjoy it, once you get it up and going.

Reactions: KE4EST
Cool. The listing for the HH90 didn't show any holes, but actual photos of the motor installed show them. Now the hard part will be guaranteeing the pole is plumb and stays plumb. Then the process of scanning everything, then making an easy-enough-to-use channel list for regular viewing...

I was just going to ask about the HH90... Like you, I was concerned that the photos in the listing don't show a hole in the tube, even though other photos of the same motor do. If you ordered one from ebay, please let us know when you receive it whether it has the hole.

Reactions: DVB-S2
Stab HH90s have had the hole in the tube for many years. Unfortunately, the stock photo has never been updated to reflect this.

If you drill a through-hole in a motor tube, be sure that it is in exact 90 degree from the zero "0" position pointer. Otherwise, the dish will not track the arc as it will be aimed a few degrees off axis. :(

I switched from thee SG2100 to the Stab HH120. I had changed up from a 90 cm dish to a 120 cm dish, and the extra weight was causing the lighter motor to loosen up. The Stab also included USALS which made aiming a little easier, although it needed tweaking.
The downside of the Stab HH120, was the slow rotation. The little motor turned quickly enough that the tuner wouldn't decide there was no signal and stop recording.
I too, drilled the clamps and post, and clamp for the motor to the upright to put in set screws. My 120 cm dish is relatively heavy.

My neighbour's tree grew up so I can't get 87W anymore.
laurie in Ladner BC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts